TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re: Blacklisting of FTs in China - A Warning!
#1 Parent Dragonized - 2012-02-28
Re: Blacklisting of FTs in China - A Warning!

While combing over old posts I came across the very first one I had posted a couple of years back. I think there are some corrections that are needed to be made as I was inexperienced with the visa process.

This pretend "school" that is Yinchuan Cambridge owned by one of the most wicked crooks in china who calls himself John Zhong (Chinese name Zhang Yu) never actually got me a Z Visa. What I thought was the Z was actually the Resident Permit, which they managed to obtain in the province of Ningxia without actually going throught the process of the Z Visa first. With the Resident Permit put in the Passport you can go ahead and apply for the Foreign Expert Certificate. This is the roundabout way that this place does business. From what i've heard they are still unsuccessful at getting and keeping Native English Speakers, serves them right.

#2 Parent Prof.Dr.David Ngin Sian Pau - 2009-06-25

Every visa is man made and nothing comes from heaven. All things are possible unless you make foreign teachers miserable. There is no black listed Foreign Teachers anywhere in the world. But we know there are many blacklisted employers or schools especially in China. What you know about issuing visas at a PSB is your own regulations. I don't believe in everything you say but I know China's L visa from Macau has been changed from 30 days to 7 days.

#3 Parent Turino - 2009-06-25

Though a Z visa can be issued by the PSB of provincial capitals,said Z does not state employment shall be had only in one town or one city.I'm puzzled.
I thought a Z visa is the visa you need if you enter China to work.It is superceded by the Residence Permit,which specifies your school/employer,and where you are staying,ie your address.
Some provinces in China have PSB's based in their capitals who chose to issue backdated Z visas to louwai that have entered China on L's,and have subsequently found employment.I've had that done before.Contrary to what has been written about this,it's NOT ILLEGAL!
But if you've got an L issued from within China by a local PSB office,that kind of L visa is not able to be 'converted' to a Z inside China.
If you've that kind of L visa you can do a visa run to HK or Ulaanbator(cheaper) or any other neighbouring foreign country to get a Z,and then re-enter.According to a good recruiter I know well,having to return to your homeland to effect said change is no longer necessary for louwai with L's in China who have got letters of invitation from employers.It seems some restrictions that were introduced duoring 'one dream year' have since been lifted.

#4 Parent dragonized - 2009-06-25

Thanks for the start Turnoi. I think if I didn't reply personally I would be doing a disservice to all of the foreign teachers out there. This school did get me a z visa but it was only for YinChuan City in Ningxia province. However I was asked to work in ShiZuiShan city, Yanchi village, and potentially other places in the province. I hope that those who are informed know that this is ILLEGAL in China. If your z visa states one city or town then you are ONLY supposed to be working there! Not in other places. I will start a separate thread in probably the "school reviews" section and detail all of the illegal things the school has done. They are on par with Tianshou and New Century in terms of crap.

Return to Index › Re: Blacklisting of FTs in China - A Warning!

Go to another board -