TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re TATI Oman
#1 Parent Anony - 2015-06-18
Re TATI Oman

i worked for many years with tati now and i REGRET alot. TATI is the worst company.. they did not give salary increment. they dont care about their people. i am just too pessimistic that time that i waited for good things to happen until it is too late that i got stuck with my loan.. too sad. but after i will finish this, i will realy leave TATI..

TATI is worst! don't go with them. Ayman, the managing director is worst!

#2 Parent San Migs - 2012-06-28
Re: Re TATI Oman for ORPIC

Why do you keep responding in CAPS LOCK LETTERS to Pip about this?

Why not enquire with tati themselves or search the oman forums on eslcafe.com

#3 Parent chandra - 2012-06-27
Re: Re TATI Oman for ORPIC

hI,
I GOT ONE MAIL FORM VEEDAY CONSULTANCY BANGALORE FOR JOB IN TATI FOR OIL AND GAS COMPANY. POSITION IS PROCESS TRAINER/ADVISOR. I AM CHEMICAL ENGINEER WITH 15 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE IN PETROCHEMICAL INDUSTRIES.

THANKS

#4 Parent D-Dan - 2012-05-01
Re: Re TATI Oman

Humm, hey Miracle are you sure you are an English teacher?

#5 Parent Mirracle - 2012-04-29

recently i came across with tati oman, can some body share me the working status in oman as lecturer. ?

#6 Parent San Migs - 2012-04-13

As yet I have hear nothing back from Oman, I am starting to think they do not really hold their teachers in the highest regard.

I did 1 year in Oman, with Tati and CECN.

Things take time, insh'allah, that is what you will learn about Omanis, a bit like the spanish manana, an unhurried race of people, but nice in it's own way.

From what I heard from ex KSA teachers in Oman, the Kingdom pays more, and Oman is more expensive.

Good luck.

#7 Parent Dan Newton - 2012-04-13
Re: TATI Oman

Errrrrrrrr, what?

#8 Parent Dan Newton - 2012-04-13

Hi Lindsay,

Like you I am currently employed in the KSA and thinking about moving to Oman after my contract ends. I have been in touch with Tati and a military college in Muscat. I completed all the paper work required and sent off my CV. As yet I have hear nothing back from Oman, I am starting to think they do not really hold their teachers in the highest regard.

#9 Parent Puzzled of Paignton - 2012-03-30

I left after 3 months mainly because of the accommodation problem, as I mentioned in a previous post. This is particularly important in Salalah, where nearly all accommodation is temporary. Tati also do not pay on time, in my case up to 2 weeks late, and have an unpleasant attitude to their employees.

When you arrive you get 10 days in a reasonable hotel. During that time you search for your own accommodation, as well as working.

I don't know the salary of an Engineering lecturer, sorry.

#10 Parent vidyut chandra - 2012-03-30

Why did you left Job after three months of probation , and TATI interview letter received say's they are recruitment agents for all ministry colleges in oman ..so if an employee is gets recruited in remote area , what is source to find accommodation, and what r salaries structure for lecturer in engineering ....
do u recommend TATI or no ?

#11 Parent Caballeros - 2011-05-15
Re TATI Oman

Would appreciate an email re: the above, I also have something to share...drop a line please!

#12 Parent Puzzled of Paignton - 2011-05-14
TATI Oman

Sorry for the late feedback. I worked for the 3 month probationary period for Tati in Oman, and then left. Key points are as follows:

They do not provide accommodation, nor help you to find any, but above all if you have problems with your accommodation Tati will not help in the least. You'll be told in your interview not to worry, accommodation is not a big deal. It's a huge deal, think about it. Every Tati employee I met had serious problems with accommodation.

If you resign they won't give you a ticket home, regardless of what it may say in the contract.

Tati don't answer phone calls or e mails. They contact you with imperious instructions from time to time. The main contact is Umanath, who is unreliable and "economical with the truth".

They are often late with payments, with up to 2 weeks between the payment date of different employees.

No matter what I say some of you will read this, ignore me, and go to work for them. Good luck... ;)

#13 Parent Lyndsay - 2011-04-12
Re TATI Oman

Dear Puzzled of Paignton!

I came across your comments about Tati Oman from January. Did you get to the bottom of it? Im currently in KSA looking for work in Oman and was interested to know if you found out more. Also, do you know of any quality EFL outfits in Oman? Currently working for not the worst, but also not a quality organisation in KSA and want an employer who is straight with me. If you've worked in the Gulf before you probably know that you have to play hardball with your employers all the way through.

Also, coincidentally, I grew up near you- Brixham and went to Churston Grammar . Ahhhhh lovely Torbay no hard ball necessary!

Best wishes,
Lyndsay

#14 Parent Caballero - 2011-01-26
Re TATI Oman

The contract states that in the event of the employee being dismissed or being unsuitable for work no return flight is provided. If you arrived in Muscat and failed the work visa aplication process for some reason you would be left down the creek without a paddle to say the least.

I would appreciate if you could email me re: this matter, it's included at the top.

Thanks in advance,
Caballero

#15 Parent Puzzled of Paignton - 2011-01-25
Re TATI Oman

I was offered a position with TATI. My flight involves a stopover in Muscat to obtain a visa, theoretically for 24 hours. Surprisingly it appears that I am expected to pay for the hotel, transport in Muscat and meals - before I have even started work, or arrived at my work location. It's not my first time in Oman so I know that these expenses are going to be in the region of $100 a day, even for the cheapest hotel. I say 'appears' as to date they will not answer my questions regarding this. I have asked twice.
The contract states that in the event of the employee being dismissed or being unsuitable for work no return flight is provided. If you arrived in Muscat and failed the work visa aplication process for some reason you would be left down the creek without a paddle to say the least.
At your work location no accommodation is provided. You must find your own. How, exactly, is a question which again remains unanswered. If you stay in a hotel for the first month and then rent a flat, the cost would ammount to the greater part of your first payment. The colleges must wonder why potential employees are not arriving.

Of course I could be wrong about Tati because, as I said, they will not answer my questions. If you work for them or know otherwise please let me know.

Return to Index › Re TATI Oman

Go to another board -