TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re: Serious Pension Payment Problems
#1 Parent Deleted Out - 2012-04-03
Re: Serious Pension Payment Problems

Dear A,

Thank you for your recent e-mail. I apologise for the delays in replying to your e-mail correspondence.

I have been monitoring this situation closely and as discussed last time I had arranged for your original returned payment to once again be re-issued. I had included the further information requested by Citibank to credit payments in the local currency. I have today been notified that this again has been unsuccessful.

I have read through your previous e-mails and at the time I could not act on any of the information supplied as the payment was already being processed. After my initial communication with Citibank I had fully expected this matter to be resolved, which was probably naïve of me, and it for this reason I believed that no further information would not be required. I have today contacted Citibank and asked for clarification regarding payments being made to your account in Sterling. Citibank have confirmed that they will release payments to your bank in GBP however are you able to confirm that this acceptable both for yourself and for your bank?

I understand that this issue has dragged on far too long and I would like to take the opportunity to apologise on our behalf. I’d like to assure you that we have done everything possible to issue your pension payments to you and do understand how frustrating this must be for you. I have notified my Regional Manager who is now also monitoring the situation regarding your pension.

I thank you in advance and look forward to hearing from you in the near future.

Yours sincerely

B
Payroll Administrator

#2 Parent Deleted Out - 2012-04-03

Dear B,

"Citibank have confirmed that they will release payments to your bank in GBP however are you able to confirm that this acceptable both for yourself and for your bank?"

I am able to confirm the above.

A

#3 Parent Deleted Out - 2012-03-26

Please go to the bottom of this page first. Then scroll up instead of down. I am A. C works for the public pensions agency. So does B. BTW, it's NOT an old-age pension. It's a superannuated public employer's pension. Thanks for your interest, CL!

--- On Thu, 3/22/12, A wrote:
Subject: Fw: Urgent,From A, recent pensioner, T******
To: B
Date: Thursday, March 22, 2012
Dear B,
Just thinking again! I know your normal system is to initiate penson payment telegraphic (computer) transfers on the last banking day of each month. Might I suggest you do likewise in my case, on the 30th March, a Friday, as a single sum total of the lump sum and the monthly pension payments outstanding at that date, in GBP, less the 20 GBP bank transfer charge?
I think you've sufficient time to arrange this, but maybe not via that Citibank offshoot.
A

--- On Wed, 3/21/12, A wrote:
Subject: Fw: Urgent,From A, recent pensioner, T******
Date: Wednesday, March 21, 2012
Dear B,
I was just thinking that the standard transfer fee charged by banks is 20 GBP/transfer. In order to save my having to pay several individual transfer fees for the lump sum and monthly pension payments outstanding, please arrange the monies owed me to be transferred as their sum total, ie as a single transfer so that only 1 transfer is made, meaning I'll only lose 20 GBP in bank charges for that initial transfer.
That will make up partially for the problems that have occurred re getting monies owed to me to me!
You can send me an e-mail detailing the individual payments that constitute the single transfer you have initiated, just for the record!
A

--- On Wed, 3/21/12, A wrote:
Subject: Urgent,From A, recent pensioner, T******
Date: Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Dear B,
China is not on Citibank's list of countries that local currency money transfers can be made to. See the pdf file and the list of countries in the brochure.
I reckon you'll have to transfer my pension in GBP to me, not in Chinese Renminbi.
Please check what I say with Citibank. I'm in mainland China, not in Hong Kong!
A
PDF]
WorldLink® Payment Services
www.********/.../Payroll/Worldlink%20booklet.pdf - 翻译此页
您已公开地对此项 +1。 撤消
文件 式: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - 快速查看
pension administrator know immediately if your account details ... About Citi Global Transaction Services. A global leader in payments, Citi makes millions of ...

--- On Mon, 3/19/12, A wrote:
Subject: Fw: RE: RE: From A, recent pensioner, T******
Date: Monday, March 19, 2012
Dear B,
I reckon 'no news is bad news', don't you?.
So,please don't forget to inform me of any developments, should there be any, re the long-running and unfortunate saga of my unprocessed pension payments.
Sincerely yours,
A

--- On Tue, 3/13/12, A wrote:
Subject: Fw: RE: RE: From A, recent pensioner, T******
Date: Tuesday, March 13, 2012
Dear B,
Let's hope that that bank can now get its act together sooner rather than later. Were that to be the case, it would cease the flow of e-mails between you and me in the future, thus saving us time.
As for right now, thanks for keeping me updated.
Yours sincerely,
A

--- On Mon, 3/12/12, B wrote:

Subject: RE: RE: From A, recent pensioner, T******
To: A
Date: Monday, March 12, 2012

Dear A,

I write in reference to our recent conversation regarding your pension payments.

We have been notified of your money being returned to SPPA by Citibank. I have investigated this matter further and again it appears there is a problem with the processing details that I have used when generating the payment. As you are aware we were unable to setup your account details to receive monthly payments as we did not have not of your telephone number, which Citibank required in order to process these payments. We then obtained this information and your pension has now been setup however in order for you to receive your lump sum and outstanding payments I had attempted to issue your pension payments manually, which involves a different method of processing. I done this to try and process the outstanding funds to your account as quickly as possible however it has again been returned.

I have today contacted Citibank to ensure that we have all the correct information to submit payment to be credited to your account. I will be processing payment this afternoon and I will ask Citibank to estimate a payment schedule so that I can give you an idea of when the payment will be released.

I sincerely apologise for the delays there have been in processing your pension payments. I want to ensure you that I am trying to resolve this issue as a matter of urgency.

I thank you once again for your patience regarding this matter. If you wish to discuss anything further then please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Yours sincerely

B

Payroll Administrator

Sent: 07 March 2012
Subject: Fw: RE: From A, recent pensioner, T******
Dear B,
I have just returned from the Bank of China main branch of * county, where I have a bank account, as you know. NO MONEY has arrived yet!
Please investigate this bad state of affairs, and get back to me ASAP.
I'm disgusted with the dreadful service this bank offers pensioners on your behalf. I can't fathom why there is any need for this lengthy delay.
I await your reply
Yours sincerely
A, sent on Wednesday the 7th of March.

--- On Tue, 2/28/12,A wrote:

Date: Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Dear B:

I have just returned from the Bank of China main branch of * county here in * province, with whom I have a deposit/savings account, as you know. My bank book was checked, and then I was informed that no monetary transfers have been made to said account.

Now I'm almost bereft of cash, and will have to borrow money from my employer to see me through until my next payday, which will be on the 15th of March. I'd prefer to borrow as little as possible, So, can you inform me by what date my pension and lump sum payments will have definitely been actioned by Citibank?

Poor customer service by Citibank, methinks!

Yours faithfully,

A

--- On Fri, 2/17/12, A wrote:
Date: Friday, February 17, 2012
Dear B,
I am happy to provide you with the information Citibank requires:
My telephone number is: ***********. I'm registered with China Mobile as the recipient of said number.
Yours sincerely,
A

--- On Thu, 2/16/12, B wrote:
Subject: RE: From A,recent pensioner, T******
To: A
Date: Thursday, February 16, 2012

Dear A,

I write in reference to our recent telephone conversation regarding your bank details.

I have attempted to setup your bank details for monthly payments to be credited to your account and re-issue the outstanding pension and lump sum payments however we have been notified by Citibank that they require a contact telephone number before payments can be issued. I understand this is in line with thier banking regulations to credit payments to accounts in China. If possible can you please supply me with a contact telephone number so I can finalise this matter for you.

I thank you in advance for your co-operation regarding this matter and look forward to hearing from you in the near future. If you have any further questions then please do not hesitate to contct me directly.

Kind regards

B

Payroll Administrator

Sent: 09 February 2012
To: C
Subject: From A, recent pensioner, T******
Dear C,
I'm now in * county of **. Please find attached the completed form which you can forward to B so that he can arrange my pension transfers to my new bank here. There will be no trouble re acceptance by the bank, that's certain.
Best Regards,
A.

Return to Index › Re: Serious Pension Payment Problems

Go to another board -