TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re: Be careful with such requests from strangers!!!!!!
#1 Parent San Migs - 2012-04-03
Re: Be careful with such requests from strangers!!!!!!

I was hoping to find another ESL teacher in Seoul that is just coming home and wants to make some extra cash...maybe this is the wrong board.

No, he is just looking out for the safety of fellow FT's where your motives are questionable, at best.

If human "mules" can be used to smuggle drugs, then why not something as innocent looking as a cat?

I would never take anything home from Asia, when asked by another foreigner...why can't you see that is only sensible?

#2 Parent Joanna Aaron - 2012-04-03
Re: Be careful with such requests from strangers!!!!!!

Seriously???? Wow, I understand where you are coming from, but drugs????? Gross. I'm not even in Korea, and the person is picking up my cat themselves. Maybe I should be more worried about the person picking up my cat, but honestly I know there are a lot of good people out there. I have been part of couch surfing.com for years, and have slept on strangers couches in multiple countries. Sometimes strangers can be the kindest. I will provide traveler with all proper documentation and whatever they might need to feel "safe". I was hoping to find another ESL teacher in Seoul that is just coming home and wants to make some extra cash...maybe this is the wrong board.

Return to Index › Re: Be careful with such requests from strangers!!!!!!

Go to another board -