TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re: Serious Pension Payment Problems
#1 Parent San Migs - 2012-04-14
Re: Serious Pension Payment Problems

Well, as we are talking about payment problems, here is one.

My rent, and some bills need taking care of, payday is normally the 15th each month, but won't be until the 16th evening because that is when the office reopens.

I have money until then, but it will just be a cheap, quiet weekend here, thank god I don't have a wife I need to support!!!

#2 Parent foxy - 2012-04-14

How about speaking via Skype rather than speaking on the phone?

Not a hope in hell, as you undoubtedly know, but good for you for riling those lazy government lackeys. I bet the one whose Skype username you discovered will change it fast, he wouldn't have expected you to have done as you did - well done!

#3 Parent Deleted Out - 2012-04-14

"From: A
Subject: A, recent pensioner, T******
To:
C@scotland.gsi.gov.uk
B@scotland.gsi.gov.uk
Date: Friday, April 13, 2012,

Dear C and B,

I went to the Bank of China this morning, still no funds here!

I tried to buy an IP card or find a post office, a telephone post office, so that I could call B. But it's impossible here. I'd have to travel to Y, where there is a telephone post office to call abroad from, but no IP cards there either! Here it's approaching 1900 hours, but where you are, it's almost noon. If I have to go to Y to call Scotland, I'll most likely have to stay in a hotel there overnight, as there are no buses back to * county after 1930 hours.
So, I took the liberty of Skyping C. I'm on voice and webcam here on Skype, as ********, e-mail **********@163.com
How about speaking via Skype rather than speaking on the phone?

A"

#4 Parent Oldtimer - 2012-04-07

Good that you've got e-mail evidence to back up your pension provider's incompetance, better than unsubstantiated information told to you on the phone..
I have also had trouble with the SPPA a few years back regarding a long delay in initiating my pension payments. I called them on a few occasions. At first, the administrator came to the phone. But later the telephone receptionist said she couldn't see his head above the screens, it must be an open-plan office. "Just hold on a moment, I'll see if his head is above the screen", in other words - give me time to tell you he's out when he's in if he doesn't want to speak to you. Very cute, indeed, but I wasn't fooled!
I've no doubt you'll succeed in getting paid soon. But it's very annoying, all the same, isn't it? Yep, they goofed in the first place with your case trying to pay you in Chinese money. Hence the unreasonable delay.

#5 Parent Deleted Out - 2012-04-07

No doubt you've been following the thread, CL. After B's pathetic e-mail in which he tried to exonerate his incompetence with lame excuses, I sent him a short reply telling him my local branch here will accept GBP psyments, and that I wish such payments to be made to me. Subsequently, I sent him a copy of the e-mails below between my employer and me.
I still haven't received any pension payments from the SPPA, which has an arrangement with a division of Citibank based in Eire. One would have expected the pension administrators of SPPA to be familiar with said arrangement, but it seems I have expected too much!
If I can't be paid soon, I'll lodge a complaint with SPPA's Complaints Investigation Office in London. Another avenue open to me is to contact The Daily Mail's 'Judge'. But of course, I'll leave matters as they are if I get my pension payments soon.

Subject: Fw:Renew the Contract

Dear Mr R,

I'm very sorry to inform you that I shall retire at the end of my present contract, in about eight weeks from now. The reason for my decision is that my wife wishes to return to I M for good. She no longer wants to accompany me to other parts of China to accommodate my wish to teach.

By the way, I should thank you for advancing part of my salary at very short notice to allow my wife and me to last out financially. As you know, my financial difficulties have been caused by the non-payment of my pension and lump sum. Soon after I get them, I'll go to Y with my wife, and I'll stand a good meal in a big restaurant for you and your family. We'll have a good time together that weekend!.

Best wishes in the meantime,

A

-------- Forwarding messages --------
Date: 2012-04-06
To: A
Subject: Renew the Contract

Dear Foreign Experts

How are you doing? The contract you signed with the school is coming to end. We appreciate your work during the contract period. Here we express our great thanks and respect to you, and we are very sorry that we didn't solove some problems as soon as possible because of some reasons.We will continue to take measures to improve our work. If you have a plan to renew the contract, please fill in the form and send it back before 14th April, 2012. Thanks.

R

Return to Index › Re: Serious Pension Payment Problems

Go to another board -