TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re: "Evening all"
#1 Parent Magister - 2012-04-23
Re: "Evening all"

I haven't read the article in China Daily but i can fully believe it. Having worked for a long period with young learners in China, i witnessed some very poor eating habits amongst the students. Constant snacking on sweets, salted snacks and sugary drinks was common place and visits to fast food restaurants were also regular. I guess having disposable income is a factor in these kind of habits but then so is the mentality that many Chinese parents have towards their children i.e. that of the little emperor/empress can have whatever their little heart desires. There is plenty of research that shows eating habits (good or bad) develop at a young age. In fact some studies even claim to show a link between bottle feeding (as opposed to breast feeding) and obesity.

As for policeman, my uncle was a bobby and also played rugby union for England U19s (he was a winger, so pretty big and pretty quick) - i wouldn't have wanted to meet him climbing out of a window with a stolen TV on my back :)

The Chinese police around the city i live in cruise about in what can best be described as golf buggies. My primary mode of transport is a mountain bike. I've often thought it would be interesting to be involved in a not so high speed chase - me on my bike them on their golf buggy, weaving in and out of oncoming traffic, flying over the brows of hills, all wheels off the ground and all at the dizzying speeds of up to 25mph. The stuff of Hollywood blockbusters!

Return to Index › Re: "Evening all"

Go to another board -