TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Where to go???
#1 Parent D-Dan - 2012-04-26
Re: Where to go???

Taiwan is a good place to live and work. The pay is good, the cost of living is very low and the people are nice. Added to this it is on a tropic so the weather is amazing too!

#2 Parent San Migs - 2012-04-24

Out of the two I would opt for Taiwan. It is cheap, the pay is good and you will save money and have a nice lifestyle.

This is something I am considering. Mandarin speaking, presumably shorter winters, and relatively more westernized?

#3 Parent D-Dan - 2012-04-24

If you want to make money then Saudi is a good bet. The only problem is it is illegal to date so you and your girlfriend may have problems. Other than that you should look at either Taiwan or Japan. Out of the two I would opt for Taiwan. It is cheap, the pay is good and you will save money and have a nice lifestyle.

dr_burkley - 2012-04-24
Where to go???

Hello Everybody,

My girlfriend and I have just made to the decision to jump ship in the US and head to Asia to teach English. We have signed up to get out TEFL certificate through Oxford Seminars (in hope to get placed easier and make more money??). Are main goal is make and save as money as possible. We are going to commit to a year and then hopefully travel for a few months after. Anyone have any suggestions on what countries offer the best pay and the best probability to save? And any schools anyone would recommend?

Return to Index › Where to go???

Go to another board -