TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › re: chinese student cheating in UK at Cambridge
#1 Parent englishgibson - 2012-05-10
Re: re: chinese student cheating in UK at Cambridge

The report suggests this is organized, not an individual effort, and that should serve as a warning. It's nice to see that the UK authorities are cleaning up which isn't the case in the US.
Cheers and beers

#2 Parent D-Dan - 2012-05-09
Re: re: chinese student cheating in UK at Cambridge

This goes on quite a lot. I have suspected a number of African students of doing this. I spoke to a Kenyan woman who I suspected of being a bogus student at a IELTS exam. The woman looked nothing like the picture in her passport. She kept assuring me that she was the named student. When I went to speak to a colleague she ran off out of the building and disappeared into the city. I have also had a number of blatantly falsified qualifications handed to me by Nigerian students. Again on questioning the authenticity the students made a rapid beeline for the exit! When teaching in the UK I now ask to see each students passport and ID card before they enter the classroom.

San Migs - 2012-05-08
re: chinese student cheating in UK at Cambridge

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2141142/Cambridge-student-sat-exams-illegal-immigrants-people-smuggling-scam-jailed.html

Disgusting case, and let us hope he gets barred from every UK university to set an example to these low life lying trash.

Personally, should be deported and red stamped.

Return to Index › re: chinese student cheating in UK at Cambridge

Go to another board -