TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › writing
#1 Parent englishgibson - 2012-05-10
Re: writing

Standards in writing are quite poor on mainland China and I mean in Chinese too. For English teachers, writing classes, if advanced or elementary, often are about going all the way back to drawing boards which suggests that the local teachers of English have done quite some damage previously. I can't really imagine how much trouble our students have to go through when learning English on mainland China, but I can safely assume that all those willing souls have plenty of adjustments to do.

Cheers and beers to learning as well as re-learning :)

ziawj2 - 2012-05-07
writing

This is one of my students'writing. I made some changes. Could you check from the stylistic point of view to make it more acceptable to native speakers?

original
May 1, 2012
Dear Lucy,
I am now writing these few lines to express my sincere thanks for sending me flowers for my birthday gift . I'd like you to know how much your flowers meant to me. You is a kind girl I know you are very like reading, so I have buy a good comic books for you I think you will like it. My whole family are Looking forward to you have time to our guest.
Yours Signature,
diana

revised
May 1, 2012
Dear Lucy,
I am now writing a few lines to express my sincere thanks for sending me flowers as my birthday gift. You do not know how much your flowers meant to me. You are so kind!
I know you like reading very much, so I bought a good comic book for you. I am sure you will like it.
Lastly, I invite you to my home and my whole family are looking forward to seeing you again.
Best wishes,
Diana

Return to Index › writing

Go to another board -