TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Postal Service in China
#1 Parent Magister - 2012-05-19
Re: Postal Service in China

I guess it's just as possible that people at the school took it but i still have everything sent to my university office because i know that there are always people there to sign for it in my absence. The only time i've not received a package was when i had something sent to my home address (at that time off campus) but by chasing it up at the UK end i was able to get compensated for the loss.

If it's anything of any value then you should take CL's advise and use an international service. That'll cover you against loss and damage which is important because Chinese customs aren't always the most careful people when they open up your package!

#2 Parent Inderested - 2012-05-19
Re: Postal Service in China

I have never had any problem with China Postal services, and they seem to more or less reliable like the postal services in your country.
Your mail or parcels or whatever will be delivered to the school when they arrive. Have you ever thought that they might have "disappeared" there? I won't trust any school officials if things were stolen from you before.
The pity is you probably can't prove anything, so they can get away with it if it was really them taking your stuff.

Anyway, as i said, has anyone else encountered problems with lost ( more likely stolen) items in the post.
ian - 2012-05-19
Postal Service in China

Hi folks. I was just wondering if anyone has had problems with getting post stolen or lost in China. I have had a few things posted from Britain and most have arrived safely but on 2 occasions it hasn't arrived. The first time was not too much of a surprise as it was a box containing some traditional biscuits that i wanted to give to a fellow teacher as a gift. But the most recent was a couple of t-shirts which were specially made in America before being sent to Britain and then forwarded onto me here in China. This has really pissed me off, because they were kind of unique t-shirts and the company that made them shut down a week after i bought them . I am also pissed off as i have just been robbed a couple of months ago in my flat ( posted on here) and lost a lot of valuables. I leave here in July and i have to admit that i cannot wait to get out of this country now. I have visited many many countries around the world and for me this country has by far the biggest problem with theft, and it seems to me that every bloody man and his dog is a potential thief. Anyway, as i said, has anyone else encountered problems with lost ( more likely stolen) items in the post.

Thanks for any replies guys.
Ian

Return to Index › Postal Service in China

Go to another board -