TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Wanting to teach in China
#1 Parent foxy - 2012-06-01
Re: Wanting to teach in China

basically does anyone know where i could go and it would be most similar to America ? i know it wont be the same language and food and things and its comunist, but are there places where some of the common activities are popular, like small pubs and dart games ? also where more english speakers are,,

You'll have a degree, but no TEFL certificate nor teaching experience. Your spelling could cause you problems at work. There's also racial prejudice in China against colored people. As a newbie, I suggest you get a job through a Chinese agent. He will place you at a high school. You'll live and work in that area. A Chinese girl, also paid by the agent, as you will be, will assist you prepare your lessons, and be in the classroom as your translator.
Forget the developed areas, so forget similar to the USA, and forget meeting many English speakers. Maybe you'll have to srrive on an L visa, and convert it to a Z in Hong Kong later. So, come with at least the equivalent of 5,000 RMB in USD.
I can recommend a relatively honest agent, not so many of them are that, by the way - Yuncheng IELTS School, google it to find their website. I should say the name of the company is misleading! Not a school nor an IELTS school!
I suggest you google oftentimes to get wised up on everything you need to know before arriving here. It's also useful to access this board's forums regularly.

Ralph - 2012-05-31
Wanting to teach in China

Hey everybody, wat up,, my name is Ralph and I'm looking to go to China and teach,,,most of my life I've spent in Georgia, USA,,,and Im looking for a change ,, can anyone recomend a good area of China I will be done with my degree soon which is a Ba which Im doing online,,,basically does anyone know where i could go and it would be most similar to America ? i know it wont be the same language and food and things and its comunist, but are there places where some of the common activities are popular, like small pubs and dart games ? also where more english speakers are,, i do not plan to learn a language as it is too hard,,,hit me back if you have info or advise ,, thanks bros ,,, PEACE

Return to Index › Wanting to teach in China

Go to another board -