TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Wanting to Teach in China
#1 Parent San Migs - 2012-06-05
Re: Wanting to Teach in China

This is a wind up, surely?

It's not appollyon/tom/woodbine willie back under yet ANOTHER sobriquet, is it?

#2 Parent Ralph - 2012-06-04

Sup. Just to clerify , i am not from Kansas but Georgia the - big G , yo ,, but any way , sounds good any way ,, i will go try to find that fool and see wats up if he can hook me up with a job and what not ,,, i think foreiners should reach out a hand and help each other when they can ,,,,,, when i get estabilished i will do the same for other new people ,, its a 2 way street you ., peace out ..

#3 Parent Ralph - 2012-06-03

look ive not done nothing but post my posts, have not talked to any moderater, dont even know who they are or how too contact them,, so might want to tone it down with the acusations playa,,,, i mind my own business personally, cant speak for any body else,, but thats what i do

#4 Parent TEFLER - 2012-06-03

Getting the mod(s) to delete posts because you dislike their content is hardly going to encourage readers to reply to your plea for help.
Cunning Linguist has had his post deleted, thanks to you! That must be a first! I won't say well done!

#5 Parent Ralph - 2012-06-03

Sup everbody ,, gettin kinda disappointed about not getting many replies up on my thread ,,,, look i need a job and i need to get to china soon before debt come due ,,where should apply,,,,,,if anybody works at a school thats good let me know , hit me up and i will apply there,,,, id dint say much about job requirments but basicaly i need something low hours,,, like i said there will be enopugh to think about when i get there i dont need tons of hours to start with ,, i have a lot to get used too . if you work for a good place hit me up ,, let your boss know there is a energetic man with a lot of desire to be on a strong team heading there way and a good teacher ,,

#6 Parent deep south - 2012-06-02

No need to get riled, pace, man. TEFL? A waste of time and money. You don't need to do it to teach in China.
I've some great news for you. There's a guy from Kansas teaching in Suzhou!As you are also from K, I'm sure he'll fill you in on everything you need to know before you come here, China, that is. To contact that guy, you'll need to join Dave's ESL Cafe. After some time, you'll be allowed to contact other posters on there by emails. His moniker is kev 6171, or somethng very similar. He posts oftentime on there.He has been teaching in China for years and years. Im sure he'll bend over backwards to help you.

#7 Parent Ralph - 2012-06-02

wats up again every body ,,,I'm not too up on all of the certifactes , but apparently there is some types that you would get on top of your degree ,, im doing my degree online ,,,,i figure the degree should be good enough if they need a certeficate on top of that then there asking for too much,, considering what they pay ,. plus you have to think,, this is not brain surgery its english ,,the CELTLA seems to be respected so it may not be a " Scam " per say , but i dont think its necesary ......but correct me if im wrong ,

PEACE out

#8 Parent board reader - 2012-06-01

some have suggested courses like ELS or CELTLA

What are they? Please expand.

#9 Parent Conrad - 2012-06-01

Mention your requirements when you apply for teaching jobs in China. Please post regularly as to the results of your job search; it will be interesting for other readers, including me, to know how things are going in that respect.
The Resumes Section of this board is checked by many Chinese employers. It is probably also a good idea to post your resume there, or a less formal kinda self-introduction, as part of your job search strategy.

Ralph - 2012-06-01
Wanting to Teach in China

Well first of all I did not say any thing about what race I am ,,, so people are making assumptions,, i dont see what it has to do with anything any way .. now , let me be clear ,, i am not looking to go to any one horse chump town it needs to be a sizable city that has things to do such as pubs ,, some sports and activites , and night clubs where people can meet and greet ,,,, so i guess a big city is best , maybe gangzou ,. i choose not to study a language because i really dont have time for that i will be busy with all the other new things of moving and a new job and i do not feel comfortble speaking something like chinese with the strange sounds ,, you need to grow up with it from childhood to be able to pronounce those ,, our mouths are made different ,,, some have suggested courses like ELS or CELTLA but that sounds like a scam , if you have confidence i think its best to show up and do your best, be outgoing and try to explain to the students how to say the phrasing ,,, am i right ? is that waist of money basicaly?

Return to Index › Wanting to Teach in China

Go to another board -