TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re: Wanting to Teach in China
#1 Parent Irony - 2012-06-09
Re: Wanting to Teach in China

If you agree its possible then what difference does it make if people disagree? It will still be possible despite their disagreement , right? I dont recall slagging any of you off. If you wanna learn Chinese , thats great. But maybe you should consider the viewpoints of others too.

#2 Parent San Migs - 2012-06-08

I also ate at plenty of local restaurants and cooked for myself, its still entirely possible without learning Chinese. Deal with it.

Maybe, but others will disagree. You deal with your lazy attitude, before slagging off others.

#3 Parent Irony - 2012-06-08

I used micky d's as an example that everyone would know. I also ate at plenty of local restaurants and cooked for myself, its still entirely possible without learning Chinese. Deal with it.

#4 Parent San Migs - 2012-06-07

I never had any probs in fact at mc'd's

Well there is your answer. Older guys like Silverboy and myself, don't come to China for mcds. Learning chinese helps buy and order chinese food.

Eat a good plant based diet, it is cheaper and healthier than mcdonalds.

#5 Parent Irony - 2012-06-07

It IS possible to get by without learning Chinese though, I was there for over a year and didnt learn a word. It was partly through idleness, partly through lack of interest and partly through being busy studying for my degree so it isnt always "just lazy". I never had any probs in fact at mc'd's and places like that was a lot easier just to point at what you want rather than the guys who stuttered away in their atrocious Chinese taking about half an hour and sounding like they had palsy. Having said that its always nice to learn a new language if you have the time/motivation.

Return to Index › Re: Wanting to Teach in China

Go to another board -