TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Trustworthy school in China?
#1 Parent Coppercat - 2012-06-19
Re: Trustworthy school in China? Disney English

Someone also told me that they don't employ teachers they employ 'crew members'.

In one respect, I agree with what you stated above - their so-called foreign teachers are indeed a motley crew!

#2 Parent Magister - 2012-06-18
Re: Trustworthy school in China? Disney English

Disney English teach primarily 2-11year olds (therefore I don't think they fit into the category the op is looking for).

Someone also told me that they don't employ teachers they employ 'crew members'. Each to their own but that doesn't sound like a job I'd like. On the other hand at least they're being honest about it not being genuine teaching, something that a few other schools in china could learn from.

What they certainly do do is offer a good wage packet. I've been approached several times in the last year with generous offers but as with any job there are a multitude of factors to consider beyond the money.

#3 Parent JunkT - 2012-06-17
Re: Trustworthy school in China?

Disney English seems to be good.

Agnieszka - 2012-06-16
Trustworthy school in China?

Hi,
I want to teach English in China this year. I know that there are a lot bad reviews about recruting agencies. So I want to ask if anyone one of you worked for the decent school in China and can provide a contact to the DIRECT employer. I'm interested mostely in public schools (Middle, high, colledge or university). It doesn't have to be in a big city. The thing I'm most concerned about is that weather or not the employer provides you working visa (Z) before you arrive in China.

Thank you for all your help.
Agnieszka

Return to Index › Trustworthy school in China?

Go to another board -