TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re: More Red Bull
#1 Parent San Migs - 2012-06-27
Re: More Red Bull

I have just arrived in Hangzhou and sadly I feel it is going more the way of Shanghai than ever.

The women have an appalling entitlement mentality now, the skyline is becoming worse, as is the pollution and traffic. It is just a crap and expensive and overrated rude place to live now, and a lot of the HZ locals are exceedingly arrogant and sullen to foreigners.....only GWś will come here in the future, and doubtless defend it with their grovelling snivelling rhetoric....as for me if i ever come back to China, I am done with all provincial capitals, Changsha also has gone crap, nanchang was always crap.

Cheers
SMGS

#2 Parent Roamer - 2012-06-26
Re: More Red Bull

You can draw the short straw wherever you go to teach in China. Everywhere has bad schools and colleges and universities to teach at. If it's not your fellow Chinese teachers nor the FAO nor the administration department nor the accommodation nor your students, it will likely be foreign grovelling weasels who will be the reason for you getting out of there. The truth is it's damned hard to find a Chinese employer who behaves in a professional manner and knows how to treat his foreign staff. And the foreign desperadoes among the latter can spoil your time there if you hate witnessing grovelling.
As for how Turnoi gets on with his new Chinese university, who can say what will happen? But at least he has the good sense to have money available at short notice to bale him out if things go pear-shaped there, if they haven't already!

Return to Index › Re: More Red Bull

Go to another board -