TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re: Warning to other teachers : BoAo TongWen International Culture Exchange Center
#1 Parent Terry - 2012-07-25
Re: Warning to other teachers : BoAo TongWen International Culture Exchange Center

You sound like you know a thing or two about public schools in China, and I could certainly do with some advice. When I was working in China years ago now, apart from being seconded on a couple of occasions to a Middle School and a university( a day each,) I had it easy in nice pristine and friendly English Centres where I was used to earning from ten to fifteen thousand yuan. Unfortunately now I've been forced to slum it because of my age and a university was the only place which would employ me at 4200rmb. I start there at the beginning of September.

I have to say I am full of foreboding, after reading what the Clyde poster had to say about the stinking conditions in public schools(I had witnessed this myself on two occasions) and I've also heard that my fellow English teachers are likely to be very strange individuals indeed, who can cause one problems if they think your face doesn't fit. Even if they think you can teach too well and make them look bad. How much truth is there in what I've been told? I would appreciate your input. Many thanks in advance.

#2 Parent San Migs - 2012-07-24
Re: Warning to other teachers : BoAo TongWen International Culture Exchange Center

I'll try and stick to the topics.

Just asking, do you like beers yes?

#3 Parent englishgibson - 2012-07-23

For the sake of all of us, please stink to topics, not posters!
Cheers and beers

#4 Parent San Migs - 2012-07-23

Cheers and beers to views of all posters on and to the free flow of information about employers around the world

Still beers Englishgibbo?

What about free flow of information regarding good public jobs? I'd say that is more useful, and I am sure you agree, even though the public jobs pay less.

Cheers and beers to all those easy jobs at public schools.

#5 Parent Anderson - 2012-07-23

Turnoi is comical? No, he is just humorous. He likes to mention his crocodiles. Beware of them – they are everywhere!

He has many sources of information we know not of. That’s why he can comment on so-called “schools” in China and other countries. We don't need to go to a cinema in Colorado and experience first hand how a man shot dead so many people there. There are so many sources pf information about the horrific attack.

Turnoi and Silverboy, continue posting as frequently as possible. Don’t let any poster discourage both of you from speaking out against those “schools.”

#6 Parent englishgibson - 2012-07-23

Brad, if BoAo Tong .. is compatible with farce Omeida or stinky Odar than posters should not be misled by your wise post. In my humble opinion, one does not have to have a FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE of working for an institution to provide suggestions to others on forums. While I agree with your statement about the two posters in case, I have a fundamental issue with your reasoning. Odar is a filthy scam and that regardless his nationality, and then Omeida is a place to be avoided by any foreigner hoping to teach on mainland China. Have I worked for them? NO. Where is my "FIRST HAND"? On the contractual agreement and perhaps my ear that's still hurting from what I have been told by the scam artist that smells even over the phone conversation. Sure that that was not yesterday or last year but about 3 years ago and that fart could have bought a deodorant or two but would that have covered up his shortcomings since then?

Cheers and beers to views of all posters on and to the free flow of information about employers around the world

#7 Parent brad61 - 2012-07-23

I don't think I've seen any forum without the two most prolific posters posting.Turnoi and to a lesser extent Silverboy..MyMy.. you two seemed to have worked Esl on every continent and seem vastly knowledgeable and every school/recruiter on the face of the earth..What schools have you ACTUALLY worked for that you have trashed on the forums?..Not just dribble saying "they will rob you don't work for them",without any backup of your allegations. What are your FIRST HAND experiences with the many many recruiters and schools you trash on the forums ?.Another one of your post.'Don't work in Saudi they will keep your passport"are you are still awaiting your passport return in Saudi ?..I gather this is ALSO from first hand experience ?Your serial posts seem to lack and credibility with first hand experiences and are far more comical than informative.It seems you two have also worked for Omeida, Beijing BOAO TONGWEN International and many others by your damning post of these establishments..I havn't so i can't and won't comment on them..Have you worked for Omeida or Boao or any of the many others ? if so what are your OWN personal experiences with them?..Quote:-To me, in purely linguistic terms, the name "Odar" also sounds a bit Turkish-like...My FAO in China his name if Frank , hes Chinese ...does that mean he's any less qualified..

Return to Index › Re: Warning to other teachers : BoAo TongWen International Culture Exchange Center

Go to another board -