TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re: Summation of the debate.
#1 Parent Magister - 2012-08-03
Re: Summation of the debate.

I saw the original post and i saw your response. The fact that i didn't reply to it was largely due to the fact that i have never even heard of this school let alone worked there. Had the OP asked a more general question about working/living in China or stated a more specific problem then i would probably (time permitting) have replied.

Perhaps it's my sunny disposition but if you actually take away the s**ty attitude you and Silverboy both display towards each other and the board then you could find some helpful information in both your posts.

It is a good idea to contact the school and speak to current teachers.

It is a good idea to read up on forums and generally use any source of information you can get your hands on to build up a picture of a school you're thinking of working at.

It is essential that when you get all the above information from these sources that you consider how accurate and reliable it is. In fact the basic rules and advice for posting on this board state

When you read a bad post against a school, it may be true. There are also reasons why it may not be true. For example, it might be written by a competitor. It might also be written by a disgruntled teacher who has good reasons to be disgruntled. Or not really good reasons (went overseas with the wrong expectations, for example). Ask yourself how credible the writer sounds; and if you are interested in this school, do some further research including speaking to present and past teachers.

http://www.eslteachersboard.com//s/disclaimer.htm

Return to Index › Re: Summation of the debate.

Go to another board -