TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re: moral dilemma?
#1 Parent Magister - 2012-08-03
Re: moral dilemma?

I told all of my students that they should marry because they love somebody, not for what car they drive, or what house they can buy

So hypothetically speaking if a teacher and a student (above the age of consent) enter into a loving relationship it's ok?

We've been debating this topic long enough that i can guess the answers that'll come back

1. You should just wait. But 3-4 years is a long time to just do nothing. I guess during that time the teacher and the student would have developed (not necessarily in a sexual way) and discussed their feelings. Let's say they even have a mutual agreement to wait until after the student graduates. Is that ok? Where do you draw the line?

2. The poster Romeo doesn't feel that way about the girl he's only interested in getting his end away. That could be the case but then i guess we'll never know. I still feel that your comments about sex tourists and sexpats are unfair labeling just in the same way that labeling you as a groveling weasel is unfair. You have a large body of posts on this board that suggest that you are anything but groveling by nature.

3. You're just playing devils advocate. Yes i am but what i hope is that it shows this debate isn't quite as black and white as Clyde in particular has made it out to be and that therefore making claims that he's won the argument are irrational and arrogant.

Return to Index › Re: moral dilemma?

Go to another board -