TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › sending documents, a warning
#1 Parent ADMIN! Admin - 2012-08-07
Re: sending documents, a warning

San Migs: We added your advice to our ReadMe First (link below) - See Advice from "San Migs", middle of the page, under Identity Theft. Thank you.

#2 Parent englishgibson - 2012-07-25
Re: sending documents, a warning

This warning should be a sticky for the site and featured in read color for all applying foreign teachers.
Cheers and beers to protecting our documents and students from getting inadequate teachers

San Migs - 2012-07-25
sending documents, a warning

Recently, I applied for two jobs to two seperate schools in China, making sure to send only password protected pdfs, i.e. they can be opened but not modified or printed in adobe acrobat reader.

Oddly enough, I have not had a reply back from either job, now this could just be incompetence, laziness or rudeness or all three, but I wonder, how many are into data mining and getting documents that they can edit, forge and reuse or for god knows whatever else purpose.

So, to reiterate what Turnoi has said, NEVER EVER send original copies, only a resume first. If you do send copies send only protected ones (foxit phantom is one for windows that can help you secure pdfs). If you send jpegs, watermark them to be safe.

Regards,
SMGS

Return to Index › sending documents, a warning

Go to another board -