TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › TEFLing in thailand
#1 Parent tianjindave - 2012-08-17
Re: TEFLing in thailand

Hey all,

Just wondering from any current or ex thailand teachers, is thailand worth it for TEFL?

From reading ajarn.com it seems most go home after a year or two, or head to the UAE/Korea/Japan to earn a better salary, and it seems a MA is now required in Thailand to earn a better salary.

Can anyone say if it is worthwhile for 30,000 THB a month?

Regards///
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________--
I was in your neck of the woods the other month, Croydon boy, because I had an appointment with UK Border Agency/Home Office. Not a nice place to be. It used to be a nice place fifty years ago when I went there. Not the Croydon I remember.......Is that why you teach in Asia?

30,000 would be acceptable for me to teach in Thailand, because I like a big ex-pat community. Also, you get to copulate with lots of nice Thai girls. Also, you get to kiss and cuddle with ladyboys if you fancy a change. Also the food is less likely to send you off to an early grave; thus avoiding the annoyance of knowing somebody else will get to spend all the dosh you accrued in China. Also, you will not slip up in a Chinese toilet and get covered by stuff the Chinese like to make mountains of for the flies to feed off before going to sit on your dumplings, prior to being served with them. Phew, i'm out of breath, having run out of commas.

croydonboy - 2012-08-17
TEFLing in thailand

Hey all,

Just wondering from any current or ex thailand teachers, is thailand worth it for TEFL?

From reading ajarn.com it seems most go home after a year or two, or head to the UAE/Korea/Japan to earn a better salary, and it seems a MA is now required in Thailand to earn a better salary.

Can anyone say if it is worthwhile for 30,000 THB a month?

Regards///

Return to Index › TEFLing in thailand

Go to another board -