TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re: TEFLing in thailand
#1 Parent tianjindave - 2012-08-22
Re: TEFLing in thailand

You need to return to the West and try and bring western children up to the same level of language learning as in China.

No, I am an ex-uni prof, and I am the co-founder of a non-profit school at tertiary level in Kenya, Africa. It has been in existence for 8 years, is in fine shape, and I have decided to look for other challenges and help build schools in other parts of the world where they are badly needed. Non-profit, of course.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________-
After leaving Africa, how did those new challenges you needed include,the first university in China you found a position in, but your flat there was not up to standard, and they wanted you to pay for your own residence permit etceteras; so you did a bunk; and began a peregrination around China, before starting at another establishment, doing another bunk before flying off to USA to open a university?

Now the USA university is good. I like the USA university, it's fitting in with your high academic status, it's what you should do, I have no arguments with that. But why did you accept those two other positions(even though you did a runner on both occasions) when such positions should be reserved for teachers that only know how to follow simple lesson plans and convey oral English. Why do you want to take the crust out of the mouths of ordinary FT's? Where was the challenge in all that?

Return to Index › Re: TEFLing in thailand

Go to another board -