TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Getting a z visa issued in Thailand for a job in China
#1 Parent Visa in Thailand - 2012-08-23
Re: Getting a z visa issued in Thailand for a job in China

Our school has done this infrequently for teachers over the past several years, including quite recently.

The medical must be done in Bangkok at a facility that is approved by the Chinese Embassy. The Embassy in Bangkok can provide you with a list of approved clinics.

It is the same process as elsewhere in the world -- one day service, three day service, five day service, all at varying degrees of cost.

You must be sure, however, that your letter of invitation for the visa specifically reads : "Bangkok, Thailand" (or at the Embassy of the PRC in Bangkok, Thailand). If the letter of invitation does not carrying these specific words, the Embassy will not issue the visa.

#2 Parent tianjindave - 2012-08-23

Hi
I am British living in China and I have a new job in China and they have advised me that I must go to Thailand to get my z visa (they don't accept H.K.)

So my questions are:

I have been told I just need the paperwork from my employer in China and then I go to Thailand, have a medical and then go to the Chinese embassy and submit the forms.

Can I have the medical in China and take that with me to Thailland or they will only accept a medical in Thailand?

Has anyone done this recently and can you tell me more details and how much it cost and how long it took?

Many than
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I agree with San Mig. You certainly would need the Chinese company to show willing and pay for your medical in China. It will cost a pretty penny in Thailand. A half -decent company would have the connections to get you a temporary F visa in China, put you through your medical and pay for you flight to Thailand at a later stage to get you F. As it is they could just be using you as a Guinea Pig-no skin off their noses if you come to grief, it wouldn't have cost them anything.

#3 Parent San Migs - 2012-08-23

I would say this could be a bum steer and you should go home.

Say you go to bangkok, at your expense, and the chinese consulate in bangkok tell you only Thai nationals can get a chinese visa in thailand, what then? OK it may be fine, but then again it may not. Rules are fluid and not set in Asia, no this seems fishy, and I would not trust it. I would ask brazenly for the money upfront if they are so sure, then at worst case you can just fly home....

GL
San Migs

Hana - 2012-08-23
Getting a z visa issued in Thailand for a job in China

Hi

I am British living in China and I have a new job in China and they have advised me that I must go to Thailand to get my z visa (they don't accept H.K.)

So my questions are:

I have been told I just need the paperwork from my employer in China and then I go to Thailand, have a medical and then go to the Chinese embassy and submit the forms.

Can I have the medical in China and take that with me to Thailland or they will only accept a medical in Thailand?

Has anyone done this recently and can you tell me more details and how much it cost and how long it took?

Many thanks

Return to Index › Getting a z visa issued in Thailand for a job in China

Go to another board -