TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re: TEFLing in thailand
#1 Parent tianjindave - 2012-08-23
Re: TEFLing in thailand

Absolutely wrong, IHMO, I highly disagree:

You need some additional education and training, just being a native speaker is NOT enough!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IHMO? In honest my opinion?? I do dislike this modern acronym slang, this mobile telephone text. And when did 'I strongly disagree' degrade to 'I highly disagree?'

Yes, I would amend what I said to, 'you should be an older native speaker to teach English.' The young these days even get language degrees without being able to speak the language-degrees are much easier to get than they used to be.

If you put an intelligent bus driver in with a class of students, it will of course take him a week or so to become a really confident Chinese University Oral English Teacher, it's not rocket science. Next term, he can toddle off to EF and follow their stupid lesson plans, and cut out silly games. Then he can come onto this forum and support me, I could do with some help.

Oh, you can say 'to be honest, my opinion is that...........

Return to Index › Re: TEFLing in thailand

Go to another board -