TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re: Employment in China as an EFLER
#1 Parent Dragonized - 2012-10-16
Re: Employment in China as an EFLER

I suppose it's a great deal overall for loafers and losers who don't mind living in a society devoid of Western morals. Those kinda lazy and talentless foreign teachers are just what thst country deserves.

Hey, if china becomes the sponge that soaks up all the world's garbage and trash, then let them do it. Their own lack of morals on an individual basis means this country cannot come out of the repeated cycle of mass genocide and cultural extinguishing which comes with every dynasty change. Currently this "sky dynasty" or tian chao as so many people call it is due for a meltdown. Look at all of the rich folks from China who embezzled all that money working as government officials and rich merchants in cahoots. Now they are sending their own kids over to purchase estate property and getting them to apply for permanent residence so they themselves can get out through having the relative relationship. As expats we need to be responsible for ourselves and see things like this as a sign that some bad shyte is due to happen S-O-O-N.

The last thing some poor expat needs is to be caught up in the middle of some civil strife and be targeted by angry mobs of locals who are trying to find an "enemy" to vent the decades of oppression that was heaped upon them through enemies both real and perceived. You don't want to end up becoming the scapegoat of the sins of another individual. As I am writing this some expats who I know for a fact are GW's who have stayed in China for more than half a decade are even making plans to get out.

#2 Parent Bill - 2012-10-15

You name me another country where you're paid at least double the rate paid to that country's teachers for teaching English, and where your working week can be as short as twelve clock hours. Actually, you can't!

You're on track, but the country's culture leaves much to be desired. However, I suppose it's a great deal overall for loafers and losers who don't mind living in a society devoid of Western morals. Those kinda lazy and talentless foreign teachers are just what thst country deserves.

#3 Parent loafer - 2012-10-15

I would advise people to keep well away from China, and not even visit as a tourist.

You nam me another country where you're paid at least double the rate paid to that country's teachers for teaching English, and where your working week can be as short as twelve clock hours. Actually, you can't!

Return to Index › Re: Employment in China as an EFLER

Go to another board -