TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re: Oedae Academy Paju, Gyo Ha
Man with no name - 2012-10-19
Re: Oedae Academy Paju, Gyo Ha

A job is now available at Oedae Academy in Paju, Gyo ha. I strongly recommend against applying for a position there. I had my own issues with the director who is both arrogant and rude. The work hours are long. You would clock on at 10:45 and clock off at 7:40 most evenings, maybe later.

Certainly there are breaks in between but the problem is that they are very long work days. Breaks or no breaks he will find something for you to do. The wages are terrible. 2.2 Million won, qualified or not. That was my other issue. He awarded me the same salary as a faux teacher and that was very disappointing. I am certified and registered to teach in my home country.

Frankly I was uninspired to work for him and so would you be because there is also the pressure and expectation of bowing down to his whims, and the childrens whim's. You will be reproached if you fail to satisfy the learner' s needs. I never knew what their needs were because it was all text book drilling and rote delivery. You will not be inspired to create your own lessons because you will be totally burnt by the end of a work week.

There is an American teacher there that you will not get along with because she is reluctant to side with you or support you on any matters. Infact I think she has a tacit work arrangement with the director. (Not Sexual) You will have no support from anybody in the academy what so ever.

The director will blame you for anything that goes amiss. I actually resigned from another school for reasons unapplicable to what I am writing here, but according to him when I told him why I resigned he said it was my fault. According to him everything is the fault of a foreigner if something goes wrong.

He speaks good English but he can not be trusted. He owes me money too, not much but enough to label him a thief. I approached the Ilsan (Goyang) labor board about his delayed wage payment, low and behold he has a reputation for owing people money. I suggest you avoid Oedae. If you would like to know more details you can e-mail me directly.

johnnystrychnine # h o t m a i l. c o m

Return to Index › Re: Oedae Academy Paju, Gyo Ha

Go to another board -