TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re: Power struggle and power structure; more on Confucianism
#1 Parent San Migs - 2012-11-14
Re: Power struggle and power structure; more on Confucianism

he country has been split up and re-made so many times that one can argue that as a matter of fact these are some of the most disloyal folks on the planet

Well said. Turning man against each other has been part of human history since time immemorial. But in China, divide and conquer, part of maoist policy has often been the preferred ruling method. Uighurs are resented as pickpockets and thieves, Dongbei ren are violent, guangdong ren are materialistic, and that's just what the CCP want, because while each part of China bickers about each other, they are not focused on the CCP. Divide and conquer.

Good post again drags!

#2 Parent San Migs - 2012-11-14

This is projected sometimes as bringing "glory" to china but in the end it's still all about furthering one's own agenda.

I heard that so many times in China. Foreigners bad, Chinese always good, never wrong, never to be questioned.

The other problem with the confucian system is it promotes stubborn, unquestioning, hive mind, herd mentality. Noone will dare stand out or speak up.

To point out a flaw in their logic, is to bring up whenever a tibetan or uighur (who coming from buddhist/islamic backgrounds) achieve something, are they bringing glory to China? Or do the Han see the tibetans/uighurs as confucianized and han-icized to the extent that they are under the confucian system, albeit minorities?

Most uighurs I spoke to certainly don't believe in anything remotely similar to what han chinese believe in!

#3 Parent Dragonized - 2012-11-13

I don't agree with you on the part with following the leaders. The country has been split up and re-made so many times that one can argue that as a matter of fact these are some of the most disloyal folks on the planet. See the constant mass exodus from the country. You can even say that in Central Asia, Southeast Asia, and even Japan to some extent took in many refugees from china who wanted out. Over half the history of this country has been wars. While the times of peace are really peaceful due to an always oppressive central government, it is not one that can be categorized as being good.

I still stand by the idea that people take what is given to them by choice. That is because of the lack of a strong spiritual foundation which rests on building consciousness. This comes from the belief of the fact that you can make something out of nothing. China never has, and probably never will with its current identity wanted to view the folks who truly build their societies as the pillars and central figures. Face, in other words putting on a show of what looks good takes precedence. This is the most important idea in chinese culture, and it comes from an unforgiving, bottomless selfishness.

People like Thomas Edison, the Wright Brothers, and Einstein would never have received any recognition. It is a guarantee that what they brought to the world would have only been seen in china (no matter what period in history) by the educators and bureaucrats as something which cannot be used to further ones personal gains.

Therein lies the biggest problem with the Chinese, and that is the lack of will to do things which can bring them no benefit whatsoever but will benefit society to the fullest. Everything that they do must bring some benefit to the self. This is projected sometimes as bringing "glory" to china but in the end it's still all about furthering one's own agenda.

Confucianism is mainly to blame for creating a society that is so cold, uncaring, and unhelpful. The behavior that is mainly stressed in this form is to take the ideas and attitudes of others even if it is abusive. This does not in real life lead to any kind of improvement, but it only leads to the abuse and the general degradation become worse. Whereas the European values realized during the Renaissance emphasized the importance of individualism that was based on Greek Philosophy, and respecting rules and boundaries for individuals followed that. Turnoi I do not think we will change each others minds on our stances towards this topic, I will just leave it at that.

Return to Index › Re: Power struggle and power structure; more on Confucianism

Go to another board -