TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › issues with req. for CHINA work permit..
john - 2012-11-17
issues with req. for CHINA work permit..

I have two questions/concerns about requirements or possible issues with getting a Z visa and work permit in CHINA:

1- Is there a (sort of) new law which states that teachers should have two years experience (post university) in order to get a Z visa and then work permit to teach English in China? I'm sure this isn't too strict and how it's actually enforced would depend on which province you are in as well as one's nationality.. but would really like to know if this is more that standard these days. My situation is somewhat unique because I worked for many years and only recently went back to finish my university degree. I'm in my 30s but don't actually have two years of "post graduation" teaching experience. I taught English for a few years in my early and mid 20s.

2- I also have experience teaching English on a part time basis in China last year while on a student visa (was on a study abroad program at a chinese uni)..most of my classmates were doing the same at various schools..Is it better to leave this off of my resume if I intend to try getting hired to teach on a proper Z visa and work permit? I'm nervous this would cause a refusal if I get hired by a school in China and they have to then submit my CV to the local bureau for a work permit...

Obviously the simplest thing to do is just leave off the teaching experience in China. Or redefine it (as another person suggested I do) so that it reads more like an internship or teacher training as part of the coursework i was doing as a student.

thanks all for any input you have!

Return to Index › issues with req. for CHINA work permit..

Go to another board -