TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › KSU/Saudi/Employee Paradise
#1 Parent Mancunian - 2012-12-23
Re: KSU/Saudi/Employee Paradise

While I would not recommend anyone to work in the KSA, if you need the money, then those things can be overlooked. 1 year working in Saudi, or 1 in China?

From china you will have mere breadcrumbs, with which you can do nothing. From the KSA after 1 year you can go to China like a king. Different strokes for different folks.

We all need money, Sir, and we all hope that we will be around to spend that money. I rather think that it would be more prudent to invest my chances of longevity in China. Mere breadcrumbs may mean more of a future.

#2 Parent El Abogado - 2012-12-23

While I would not recommend anyone to work in the KSA, if you need the money, then those things can be overlooked. 1 year working in Saudi, or 1 in China?

From china you will have mere breadcrumbs, with which you can do nothing. From the KSA after 1 year you can go to China like a king. Different strokes for different folks.

#3 Parent Curious - 2012-12-23

Good point about China!
Thanks for bringing it. Did not think about it before reading your post.

#4 Parent Mancunian - 2012-12-23

KSU/Saudi/Employee Paradise
By:AbdulSalem
Date: 22 December 2012

Why students begin studying an L2 at 19 is beyond me? This, however, is a larger analogy for the social problems underlying the entire region of the Middle East. Saudis are generally extremely kind people. Sunnis Muslims are kind, too. KSU is basically a circus designed to frustrate students and keep them off the street. There is very little learning going on, and the money would be better spent on creating competition centered on Arabic learning with multinational students. The entire education system in Saudi and the rest of the region is quite simply a joke. Arabs are lazy people, and they have a lazy culture. Meaningful research in both Arabic and English does not exist within the region, and very little get done because the majority of time is spent between men fighting with other men and women fighting with other women. To the educated, the entire thing is a pointless entity designed to keep the oil flowing. Most administrators have been given degrees by institutions within the Middle East because they are wealthy, or they have simply bought them. The level of incompetence and classism in the Middle East and the Kingdom is quite high. The region is a powder keg, and men, regardless of religion, should not be living in the Arabian Desert. I used to feel sorry because women could not driver there, but then I lived there for 5 years. Why would anyone want to even leave their house? The place is literally hell on Earth. There is no sugar coating it with religion or money because this is the reality. Saudis use recruitment companies because they do not want to directly hire and treat individuals ethically. All non-Saudis and non-wealthy Saudis are simply slaves. They justify the mistreatment of foreign workers and their own people through business expletives. It is just a matter of time before the Saudis realize this, and the Kingdom cannot afford to bring in foreign workers.

Hello AbdulSalem

Saudi Arabia is not a jolly gig for young FT hoping to have a good teaching experience then? I think, we should all stay in China, and thank our lucky stars that the Chinese government does not have any truck with religion, or the freedom to inflict religious dogma on anybody else, especially women and homosexuals. If we do not watch it, this region of the world will bring us all back to the dark ages, when intolerance ruled supreme.

AbdulSalem - 2012-12-22
KSU/Saudi/Employee Paradise

Why students begin studying an L2 at 19 is beyond me? This, however, is a larger analogy for the social problems underlying the entire region of the Middle East. Saudis are generally extremely kind people. Sunnis Muslims are kind, too. KSU is basically a circus designed to frustrate students and keep them off the street. There is very little learning going on, and the money would be better spent on creating competition centered on Arabic learning with multinational students. The entire education system in Saudi and the rest of the region is quite simply a joke. Arabs are lazy people, and they have a lazy culture. Meaningful research in both Arabic and English does not exist within the region, and very little get done because the majority of time is spent between men fighting with other men and women fighting with other women. To the educated, the entire thing is a pointless entity designed to keep the oil flowing. Most administrators have been given degrees by institutions within the Middle East because they are wealthy, or they have simply bought them. The level of incompetence and classism in the Middle East and the Kingdom is quite high. The region is a powder keg, and men, regardless of religion, should not be living in the Arabian Desert. I used to feel sorry because women could not driver there, but then I lived there for 5 years. Why would anyone want to even leave their house? The place is literally hell on Earth. There is no sugar coating it with religion or money because this is the reality. Saudis use recruitment companies because they do not want to directly hire and treat individuals ethically. All non-Saudis and non-wealthy Saudis are simply slaves. They justify the mistreatment of foreign workers and their own people through business expletives. It is just a matter of time before the Saudis realize this, and the Kingdom cannot afford to bring in foreign workers.

Return to Index › KSU/Saudi/Employee Paradise

Go to another board -