TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › re: the mentality of greed a single man is up against in asia
El Abogado - 2012-12-27
re: the mentality of greed a single man is up against in asia

Hope you had a good christmas and wish you all a happy 2013.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2253523/United-Nations-Bargain-Hunters-Britons-the-queue-China-Middle-East-lead-rush-designer-brands.html

This article says it all for me.

Many are students from the Far East who are studying in the UK – but who do not have student budgets to match.

Thai national Lalana Sermsukskulchai, 25, who is doing a masters degree at St Andrews University, bought a £1,000 Balenciaga handbag within a few minutes of entering Selfridges. She had queued from 6.30am until the store opened at 9am.

'I am going to buy up to five bags today,' she said. 'Things are much more expensive in Thailand and I wanted to experience the Boxing Day sales. I have seen it on the television before but I wanted to see what it was really like. Hopefully I won't get run over by people.'

PERSONALLY, I find this selfish mentality disgusting. What on earth can she do with 5 bags, that she cannot do with 1? Send them home to relatives? or sell for a profit? Even 1 bag at 1,000 uk pounds is madness to me, be warned for this is the real way Thais/Chinese view money and material things!!
Return to Index › re: the mentality of greed a single man is up against in asia

Go to another board -