TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re: 'Julia' at ACE Recruitment
#1 Parent foxy - 2013-01-06
Re: 'Julia' at ACE Recruitment

So far I am having an amazing expereince with this company and would recommend them to others.

You may well find you'll have an even more amazing expereince teaching on behalf of a company in the PRC. Anyways, I'm glad you're so happy where you are at present.

#2 Parent Meg - 2013-01-06

Perhaps it was just the situation. I'm currently working with Julia for a position in Seoul. She is more then helpful, ensuring that I'm well informed every step of the way. She found me a great company to work for and when I asked to speak with another North American teacher in the school she found someone I could talk to and to answer all my questions. She is very promt to answer my emails and is always pleasant. So far I am having an amazing expereince with this company and would recommend them to others.

#3 Parent Curious - 2012-12-12

Can you post her email address? Email addresses are the keywords most teachers use in a Google search, so they will find your message faster that way.

#4 Parent Switters - 2012-12-12

I'm glad to see this... now at least I know I'm not the only one to whom Julia has been rude. Here was my experience with Julia:

I need a job ASAP and she assumed that the only possible plausible reason that I need an ASAP position is that I have a boyfriend in Korea and I'm hot to get there to meet him. I replied to this accusation and told her that I thought her reasoning was very strange and, in fact, even a little insulting. Then I had one interview which did not go well, so she sent me a suggestion for a job in Bundang, which is an area where I am not interested in living. I replied and reminded her that I have no interest in living in Bundang and she replied trying to convince me that Bundang is a hotspot for foreigners (for any newbies to Korea reading this message, let me assure you: Bundang is not a hotspot in Korea for foreigners; it is an extremely wealthy area, but if you want to live where fun things happen with other foreigners, Bundang is not it). I replied to this message reminding her that I have considerable experience in Korea and I know where Bundang is and what it is like, so please do not try to tell me things which I know are untrue. She replied with this extremely rude message riddled with spelling and grammatical errors:

"I think you are very strange wiered person. The way of thinking is weired.

I think you dont need to be proud of working as a english teacher in Korea.

Especially, a teacher working over 3 yrs... school dosent like teacher such like you ... it means it looks like looser. Most of ppl think foreign teachers ( a lot of teaching experience in Korea ) looks like wired looser. Because they cannot find a job in their country.

Sorry about that i can see why you cannot find a job!!!!"

So, I guess, according to Julia, if she can't find a job for you, it's because you are a loser (Julia, if you are reading this, "looser" with two O's means "more loose"-- you may think I'm a shitty English teaching loser, but I can still teach you a thing or two about English).

I think Julia is the epitome of unprofessional and I would not recommend anyone to apply with a dishonest, rude, unprofessional recruiting agency such as this one.

Return to Index › Re: 'Julia' at ACE Recruitment

Go to another board -