TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re: Citibank is a shitibank! I'm fed up with UK B/S!
#1 Parent foxy - 2013-03-28
Re: Citibank is a shitibank! - more problems

Of course, you wouldn't be downtown in Hohhot to be near to a school to teach with your spousal visa, would you?

Actually, I have a 6 month visa of type L. I think I'd better not answer your question. I will quote the fifth amendment in my defense...LOL!

#2 Parent foxy - 2013-03-28

Take SPPA to the cleaners, stop their unfair rules, the sooner the better!

Yep, I'm doing my best to change things in that respect.

From: "Janet.McDougall@scotland.gsi.gov.uk" <Janet.McDougall@scotland.gsi.gov.uk>
To: foxy
Sent: Wednesday, March 27, 2013 7:57 PM
Subject: RE: SPPA Pension Payments

Mr Foxy,

Thank you for your response, I can acknowledge that we received your 1st complaint on 1 February 2013 and your 2nd complaint was received on 18 March 2013. the 2nd complaint is being investigated by our Stakeholder Team who deal with complaints of your nature therefore someone from that team will be writing to your within the next while.

In respect of your 1st complaint I believe that Brian was in touch with several times trying to identify if the payments had been successful therefore this has been an oversight, I am now prepared to contact Citibank and check the currency payment method etc, however I do need you to confirm if the monies paid on the dates highlighted in my email from yesterday have went to the correct account and the funds were available to you on the dates highlighted by Citibank. I really would appreciate your co-operation on this as confirmation of these details will allow be to escalate the issue or not.

Just for clarification I was not asking you to return any monies to Citibank I am only requiring you to confirm that you have received monies on the dates highlighted and if not confirmation of the dates when you could access the funds as Citibank will need to investigate with the other parties to see why funds are not released on the due date.

Regards
Janet
Operations Manager (Payroll)

From foxy to Janet

"Just for clarification I was not asking you to return any monies to Citibank......"

Further clarification to put the record straight: That's true, but despite a manager at the BOC's iffy English, she has asked me to return money to Citibank. You'll have seen her e-mail, as I have sent you that.
I suspect its gist is because a dummy employed by Citibank has instructed the BOC to contact me to return money to Citibank. I think this is also worthy of investigation from your end.

At least the BOC e-mails me when TTs for me arrive. I'm grateful for that. In contrast, your outfit doesn't e-mail me when funds have been TTed from your end via your agent, namely Citibank.

The way I see it, too little and too late from them. Time will tell. I'm ready to pursue my case to the bitter end, but I doubt very much it'll be bitter for me or my wife! I'm sick of being messed about. MARK MY WORDS!

#3 Parent wonderer - 2013-03-27

Of course, you wouldn't be downtown in Hohhot to be near to a school to teach with your spousal visa, would you?

#4 Parent Brian - 2013-03-27

I've been following your postings about Citibank and SPPA with great interest. I presume you are not desperete for cash, a good thing for you.
What has annoyed me to some extent is that some posters have switched the thread title in an attempt to minimize the impact of your postings, a dirty trick, a kind of damage limitation exercise regarding search engines. British people can be foxy, especially the english! You know this, no doubt!
Anyway, I'm sure you will succeed, and in the process help other Brits abroad who need it. Your postings have been an eye-opener, and I'll conclude by having to state the obvious for the benefit of some s0-called teachers who are very unfair in their assesments and dirty tricks.
SPPA has a duty to serve pensioners well. Citibank is its agent. In your case you've been mistreated by the combo. SPPA is at fault - they should be dictating to Citibank instead of the other way round.
Take SPPA to the cleaners, stop their unfair rules, the sooner the better!

#5 Parent Beelzebub - 2013-03-27

Mr Foxy,
Apologises for contacting you, I'm Brian Thomson's manager and he is on annual leave at present. However Citibank are currently carrying out an investigation into the credit transfer of your pension payment and the dates to which you are then able to access these funds.
They have asked me to check with you when you achieved access to your January 2013 payment.
Citi transferred the money on 28 January 2013 and according to their system you should have had access on 30 January 2013, also payment initiated on 28 February 2013 and you should have had access on 2 March 2013, are you able to confirm these, if not what date's did you manage to access your funds - Citibank would like to conclude their investigation by making sure your funds are available when you are expecting them.
Again apologises for contacting you, but we are trying to resolve your pension payment issues.
Thank you
Janet
Janet McDougall
SPPA
01896 892470 (then ask for me by name when prompted)
Ext: 33117

My lodger will be joining me in China as I have found him a teaching position at the same school as myself. To get to the point, he worked for Lifton Feedmill, Mole Valley Farmers for forty years. He has arranged for his pension to go straight into our local branch of Barclays. He has just asked them to open up his card so he can draw out his pension in China from any ATM. If you don't inform the bank apparentely your card can be blocked if you try and use it in China.

#6 Parent foxy - 2013-03-27

Subject: RE: SPPA Pension Payments

Mr foxy,

Thank you for your response, I can acknowledge that we received your 1st complaint on 1 February 2013 and your 2nd complaint was received on 18 March 2013. the 2nd complaint is being investigated by our Stakeholder Team who deal with complaints of your nature therefore someone from that team will be writing to your within the next while.

In respect of your 1st complaint I believe that Brian was in touch with several times trying to identify if the payments had been successful therefore this has been an oversight, I am now prepared to contact Citibank and check the currency payment method etc, however I do need you to confirm if the monies paid on the dates highlighted in my email from yesterday have went to the correct account and the funds were available to you on the dates highlighted by Citibank. I really would appreciate your co-operation on this as confirmation of these details will allow be to escalate the issue or not.

Just for clarification I was not asking you to return any monies to Citibank I am only requiring you to confirm that you have received monies on the dates highlighted and if not confirmation of the dates when you could access the funds as Citibank will need to investigate with the other parties to see why funds are not released on the due date.

Regards
Janet

Ms McDougall,

I'm afraid I won't be in a position to supply you with the detailed information you have requested, as I'm at the wrong address to do so at present. I won't be returning to my other apartment in Jinchuan district of Hohhot until next week. Once back there, I will provide the information you require.
Anyway, as you'll have gathered from my second letter of complaint, I do not wish monthly payments, I wish 2 payments/year. So, any protracted delays or non-payment re the monthly payments are of no consequence to me at this period of time.

I still haven't received a written response re my first letter of complaint, and I should have done so by now. So, please e-mail me a copy of said response. I ask you again to do so asap.

Since the turn of this year, I've received the single transfer I had mentioned to you, of around 550 + USD. Nothing else!
My Chinese wife is much younger than me, and will be entitled to 60% of my current pension in the event of my death. In the light of this, it makes even more sense to dispense with monthly pension payments, given the relatively high proportion the transfer fee is compared to the actual monthly amounts, which are very low in my case.

Yours faithfully,
Mr foxy.

#7 Parent foxy - 2013-03-27

----- Forwarded Message -----
To: "Janet.McDougall@scotland.gsi.gov.uk" <Janet.McDougall@scotland.gsi.gov.uk>
Sent: Wednesday, March 27, 2013 10:28 PM
Subject: Re: SPPA Pension Payments

"Just for clarification I was not asking you to return any monies to Citibank......"

Further clarification to put the record straight: That's true, but despite a manager at the BOC's iffy English, she has asked me to return money to Citibank. You'll have seen her e-mail, as I have sent you that.

I suspect its gist is because a dummy employed by Citibank has instructed the BOC to contact me to return money to Citibank. I think this is also worthy of investigation from your end.

At least the BOC e-mails me when TTs for me arrive. I'm grateful for that. In contrast, your outfit doesn't e-mail me when funds have been TTed from your end via your agent, namely Citibank.

The way I see it, too little and too late from them. Time will tell. I'm ready to pursue my case to the bitter end, but I doubt very much it'll be bitter for me or my wife! I'm sick of being messed about. MARK MY WORDS!

#8 Parent foxy - 2013-03-27

To: "Janet.McDougall@scotland.gsi.gov.uk" <Janet.McDougall@scotland.gsi.gov.uk>
Sent: Wednesday, March 27, 2013 10:00 AM
Subject: Fw: your account has received a new passion

Sent: Tuesday, March 26, 2013 9:11 PM
Subject: your account has received a new passion

Please noticed that your passsion account has been received a wrong amount of USD,the CITI bank informed you should refund it.pls,contract bank of China for more details.

Mr Foxy,
Apologises for contacting you, I'm Brian Thomson's manager and he is on annual leave at present. However Citibank are currently carrying out an investigation into the credit transfer of your pension payment and the dates to which you are then able to access these funds.
They have asked me to check with you when you achieved access to your January 2013 payment.
Citi transferred the money on 28 January 2013 and according to their system you should have had access on 30 January 2013, also payment initiated on 28 February 2013 and you should have had access on 2 March 2013, are you able to confirm these, if not what date's did you manage to access your funds - Citibank would like to conclude their investigation by making sure your funds are available when you are expecting them.
Again apologises for contacting you, but we are trying to resolve your pension payment issues.
Thank you
Janet
Janet McDougall
SPPA
01896 892470 (then ask for me by name when prompted)
Ext: 33117
This e-mail (and any files or other attachments transmitted with it) is intended solely for the attention of the addressee(s). Unauthorised use, disclosure, storage, copying or distribution of any part of this e-mail is not permitted. If you are not the intended recipient please destroy the email, remove any copies from your system and inform the sender immediately by return.

Communications with the Scottish Government may be monitored or recorded in order to secure the effective operation of the system and for other lawful purposes. The views or opinions contained within this e-mail may not necessarily reflect those of the Scottish Government.

Tha am post-d seo (agus faidhle neo ceanglan còmhla ris) dhan neach neo luchd-ainmichte a-mh in. Chan eil e ceadaichte a chleachdadh ann an dòigh sam bith, a’ toirt a-steach còraichean, foillseachadh neo sgaoileadh, gun chead. Ma ’s e is gun d’fhuair sibh seo le gun fhiosd’, bu choir cur s dhan phost-d agus lethbhreac sam bith air an t-siostam agaibh, leig fios chun neach a sgaoil am post-d gun d il.

Dh’fhaodadh gum bi teachdaireachd sam bith bho Riaghaltas na h-Alba air a chl radh neo air a sgrùdadh airson dearbhadh gu bheil an siostam ag obair gu h-èifeachdach neo airson adhbhar laghail eile. Dh’fhaodadh nach eil beachdan anns a’ phost-d seo co-ionann ri beachdan Riaghaltas na h-Alba.

The original of this email was scanned for viruses by the Government Secure Intranet virus scanning service supplied by Cable&Wireless Worldwide in partnership with MessageLabs. (CCTM Certificate Number 2009/09/0052.) On leaving the GSi this email was certified virus free.
Communications via the GSi may be automatically logged, monitored and/or recorded for legal purposes.

To: "Janet.McDougall@scotland.gsi.gov.uk" <Janet.McDougall@scotland.gsi.gov.uk>; 翼 <yipengzhang@vip.qq.com>
Sent: Wednesday, March 27, 2013 10:25 AM
Subject: Re: SPPA Pension Payments

First, if I were Brian's boss, I'd place him on g'dening leave, subject to an investigation re his performance @ work!
2nd, I haven't received a letter of reply (*) re my first formal complaint. T'was promised by Brian!
Next, I haven't received any response, confirmation e-mail/ letter of reply, re my 2nd letter of complaint. It'll have definitely arrived at your end by now!
Finally, I won't transfer any monies from here to Citibank. And I will only visit the Bank of China if a TT destined for my account has arrived there.

I have a request to make. Please e-mail me (*) promptly.

I can't give you the precise details of the TT in USD because I'm residing in my second property at this time, also in Hohhot, but downtown. I don't have the details here, though I can say from memory t'was a single transfer in excess of 550 USD.

I reckon the Feb instalment is outstanding at this time.

Yours faithfully,
foxy

#9 Parent foxy - 2013-02-28
Re: Citibank is a shitibank! - my FINAL update

Subject: RE: Cross Borders Teacher Pension Transfer
To: Brian.Thomson@scotland.gsi.gov.uk
Date: Thursday, February 28, 2013, 1:37 PM

Dear Brian,

Once again Citibank has been proven to be incompetent. By the way, they had to be baled out by the US govt not so long ago. A pity really, as they have now chosen to adopt the role of engineering the max profit out of their TT business by means of sharp practice.
For me, it's not a problem. But I'm sure it is, and will be, for other pensioners abroad.
As for SPPA, it seems they turn a blind eye to dubious US business ethics. And what's even worse, they stall when red flags appear. I guess the big boss of your org is well catered to by some US big cheese! Hence the love affair between your two orgs.
Today I got what I presume to be 3 mths' pension, the arrears from last year, in USD! and into the wrong account, of course! That said, I believe this month's instalment will arrive shortly in the same manner, even so, sth to be grateful for, indeed!
If I were the boss of SPPA, I'd send Citibank on its way asap, and employ a more reputable financial org instead to do TTs and all banking on behalf of SPPA pensioners.
Finally, I should inform you that another letter of complaint will be on its way in a day or two mainly concerning the currency used to effect my TTs.
Yours faithfully,

foxy

--- On Thu, 2/21/13, Brian.Thomson@scotland.gsi.gov.uk <Brian.Thomson@scotland.gsi.gov.uk> wrote:

From: Brian.Thomson@scotland.gsi.gov.uk <Brian.Thomson@scotland.gsi.gov.uk>
Subject: RE: Cross Borders Teacher Pension Transfer
Date: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 1:46 PM

Dear Mr Foxy,

I write in reference to your recent correspondence with the agency regarding the pension payments for July August and September

These payments were issued as a foreign telegraphic transfer and were and were signed off by SPPA on 16/10/2012 as one whole payment. Payments are issued through our treasury and banking department and we requested conformation that this payment was sent and the date it was sent on.

When we have received this infomration I will notify you of the payment details directly. My Team Leader will then in turn finalise a written response which will be issued to you.

I trust this is sufficient. Should you have any further questions regarding this matter then please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Yours sincerely

Brian Thomson

Payroll Administrator

Scottish Public Pensions Agency

7 Tweedside Park

Tweedbank

Galashiels

TD1 3TE

Tel: 01896 893000

Fax: 01896 893214

e-mail: brian.thomson@scotland.gsi.gov.uk

#10 Parent San Migs - 2013-02-14
Re: Citibank is a shitibank! - update no 5

So I see in your despair at getting this sorted, you feel that posting your beer supply photo will generate envy or sympathy, if you want to be an alcoholic that is your own business, noone elses, but for an expat earning 25k rmb or higher, they could buy your supply 100 times over...so whats the point of the appended pic hmmmm?

#11 Parent Mancunian S - 2013-02-14
Go Debit, don't let Citibank get your credit.

My advice to you, Foxy Poster, is to cut out Citibank by getting a British Debit Card.

Nice stock of beer-hope there's a few cartons of fags there too. Must dash, aeroplane to catch- you can thank me in two months time.

#12 Parent foxy - 2013-02-14
Re: Citibank is a shitibank! - update no 5

Subject: SPPA Pension Enquiry - Confidential
To: reynard foxy@yahoo.com
Date: Monday, February 11, 2013, 11:35 AM

Dear Mr Foxy,

As requested, please accept this e-mail as conformation that SPPA have now received your formal letter of complaint. This matter is now under investigation and a member of our management team will be in touch shortly.

Many thanks

Brian Thomson

Payroll Administrator

7 Tweedside Park

Tweedbank

Galashiels

TD1 3TE

This e-mail (and any files or other attachments transmitted with it) is intended solely for the attention of the addressee(s). Unauthorised use, disclosure, storage, copying or distribution of any part of this e-mail is not permitted. If you are not the intended recipient please destroy the email, remove any copies from your system and inform the sender immediately by return.

Communications with the Scottish Government may be monitored or recorded in order to secure the effective operation of the system and for other lawful purposes. The views or opinions contained within this e-mail may not necessarily reflect those of the Scottish Government.

Tha am post-d seo (agus faidhle neo ceanglan còmhla ris) dhan neach neo luchd-ainmichte a-mh in. Chan eil e ceadaichte a chleachdadh ann an dòigh sam bith, a’ toirt a-steach còraichean, foillseachadh neo sgaoileadh, gun chead. Ma ’s e is gun d’fhuair sibh seo le gun fhiosd’, bu choir cur s dhan phost-d agus lethbhreac sam bith air an t-siostam agaibh, leig fios chun neach a sgaoil am post-d gun d il.

Dh’fhaodadh gum bi teachdaireachd sam bith bho Riaghaltas na h-Alba air a chl radh neo air a sgrùdadh airson dearbhadh gu bheil an siostam ag obair gu h-èifeachdach neo airson adhbhar laghail eile. Dh’fhaodadh nach eil beachdan anns a’ phost-d seo co-ionann ri beachdan Riaghaltas na h-Alba.

The original of this email was scanned for viruses by the Government Secure Intranet virus scanning service supplied by Cable&Wireless Worldwide in partnership with MessageLabs. (CCTM Certificate Number 2009/09/0052.) On leaving the GSi this email was certified virus free.
Communications via the GSi may be automatically logged, monitored and/or recorded for legal purposes.

#13 Parent San Migs - 2013-01-24
Re: SPPA & Citibank - a sleekit combination!

Can't agree, I have relatives in Spain, but they have accounts back in England so they just transfer their pension payments from their UK account to their local spanish one, or (not sure 100 p/c) get it paid in their local bank in euros.

You could take it from a uk account or have it transferred to hong kong or somewhere like that.

#14 Parent foxy - 2013-01-23

It's my right not to opt for my pension to be paid into a Brit bank account. And there shouldn't and needn't be negative repercussions because I have chosen that way. As I've stated before, setting it up ain't rocket science! What about the bank charges entailed if I drew on a Brit GBP account in China? Do you know what they would be? No, you,ve little to contribute on here, except for bickering!

As for jaozi, I dislike them. I dunno what that crap you've posted has got to do with the topic.

Me having other funds available is irrelevant.

Unlike you, I'm trying to post stuff that may be of use to other posters who aren't as fortunate as me. I think there are too many posters on here who are self-serving. That's rotten.

#15 Parent Mary - 2013-01-23

You come across too smarmy for my liking! I'm not going to get sucked in. See you.

#16 Parent Mancunian - 2013-01-23

It's a disgrace the way SPPA has treated you. They should be ashamed of themselves. Brian Thomson should be dismissed for telling lies. Keep at them and you'll get the money they owe you eventually. At least there's an official complaints procedure set out for you to follow.

Hello Mary Poster
I am just wondering, if Foxy Poster is getting a bit over-anxious regarding this pension saga. Now, as far as I know, Foxy Poster, was a genuine qualified British Teacher, and his pension came about by his work as a teacher-so, we are not talking about some company that could go bust, and he has to get as many payments as he can before they do. Now, Foxy has told us that he has other money, in China; so whats the problem, he can sit back, play it cool, eat some dumplings and think of England? No we are talking about an ex-goverment employee here; let them pay when they get around to it; twice a year would be fine, and that way they probably wouldn't charge so much. Either that,or get himself a British bank account, and they can pay into that.Now....wait for it........am I right or am I right? As usual, methinks!

#17 Parent foxy - 2013-01-23

It's a disgrace the way SPPA has treated you. They should be ashamed of themselves. Brian Thomson should be dismissed for telling lies. Keep at them and you'll get the money they owe you eventually. At least there's an official complaints procedure set out for you to follow.

Absolutely correct, Mary. Thanks very much for your support.

#18 Parent Mary - 2013-01-23

#19 Parent San Migs - 2013-01-22
Re: Citibank is a shitibank! - update no 4

He won't

listen
you know!
#20 Parent foxy - 2013-01-22
SPPA & Citibank - a sleekit combination!

"I don't think SPPA is justified in trying to force pensioners abroad to accept pension payments in local currencies."
I think you need to prove your assertion above. We needn't take your word for it!

Okay, 'Septic'. First, the link. Last but not least, the relevant information pasted from it. Read the last sentence; satisfied now, aren't we!

http://www.sppa.gov.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=26&Itemid=99

I don't live in the UK
Overseas Pension Payments
If you live abroad and require that your pension payments are paid into an overseas bank account, via our overseas service provider Citibank, please contact the Payroll Department on +44 (0)1896 893049.
We will issue you with the appropriate mandate for your country, which you should complete and return to the Agency. We would advise that you contact your bank for assistance in completing the form to ensure that the information you provide is correct. Please note that payments will be made in the local currency of the country in which you reside.

#21 Parent Skeptic - 2013-01-22

I don't think SPPA is justified in trying to force pensioners abroad to accept pension payments in local currencies.

I think you need to prove your assertion above. We needn't take your word for it!

#22 Parent foxy - 2013-01-22

Brian Thomson's prompt e-mail reply was rather unexpected, given that he has refrained from replying in the previous 6 months to my e-mails. And now he claims he didn't know anything about the unpaid pension instalments despite having received my e-mails regarding this matter. So, all that has happened is that a liar has apologized for his inactivity in dealing with my problems. And only this because I sent off a letter of complaint yesterday, and e-mailed him I'd done so. My letter, not by EMS, just air mail, costing 7.80 RMB. It'll get there ok, probably 7-10 days later.
So, as I told him, the sevices SPPA and Citibank offer as a combination suck. Now I'll be waiting for this 3 months' pension instalments non-payment problem to be resolved. It should be within 3 weeks according to SPPA. If not, my next step will be the 'ombudsman'.
I reckon the mandatory system set up by SPPA and Citibank contravenes human rights. I know from experience there are other pension providers who operate more pensioner-friendly systems and they operate efficiently, unlike SPPA - Citibank. I'm toying with the idea of writing to the ombudsman re said mandatory system. I don't think SPPA is justified in trying to force pensioners abroad to accept pension payments in local currencies. After all, the pensioners they look after were paid in GBP when they were working in Scotland. They should be given the choice, imo.
Anyway, I will post again when I've received my pension arrears!

#23 Parent foxy - 2013-01-21
Re: Citibank is a shitibank! - update no 3

Brian,
This e-mail will inform you that I've sent a letter of complaint to the scheme manager. This is my first step - I'm still owed 3 months' pension payment, and I can assure you I won't let this be swept under the rug!
SPPA/Citibank's (combined) services suck!
foxy.

#24 Parent foxy - 2013-01-21

--- On Mon, 1/21/13, Brian.Thomson@scotland.gsi.gov.uk <Brian.Thomson@scotland.gsi.gov.uk> wrote:

Subject: RE: 回复:Fw: Cross Borders Teacher Pension Transfer, T756083, dob */12/1951,Fw: your account has received a new pension
To: Reynard Foxy@yahoo.com
Date: Monday, January 21, 2013, 11:05 AM

Dear Mr Foxy,

Thank you for your e-mail.

I am unaware of the 3 months pension payments you have missed however I note your complaint and I have now forwarded your case to my Operations Manager. I apologise if the service I have provided is unsatisfactory and would like to assure that I have done everything within my power to resolve this matter for you. A response from the Operations Manager will be provided in due course.

Many thanks

Brian Thomson
Payroll Administrator

7 Tweedside Park
Tweedbank
Galashiels
TD1 3TE

Sent: 21 January 2013 04:33
To: Thomson B (Brian)
Subject: Fw: 回复:Fw: Cross Borders Teacher Pension Transfer Reynard Foxy, T******, dob */12/1951,Fw: your account has received a new pension

Brian,
This e-mail will inform you that I've sent a letter of complaint to the scheme manager. This is my first step - I'm still owed 3 months' pension payment, and I can assure you I won't let this be swept under the rug!
SPPA/Citibank's (combined) services suck!

foxy.

This email was received from the INTERNET and scanned by the Government Secure Intranet anti-virus service supplied by Cable&Wireless Worldwide in partnership with MessageLabs. (CCTM Certificate Number 2009/09/0052.) In case of problems, please call your organisation’s IT Helpdesk.
This email has been received from an external party and
has been swept for the presence of computer viruses.

Tha am post-d seo (agus faidhle neo ceanglan còmhla ris) dhan neach neo luchd-ainmichte a-mh� in. Chan eil e ceadaichte a chleachdadh ann an dòigh sam bith, a’ toirt a-steach còraichean, foillseachadh neo sgaoileadh, gun chead. Ma ’s e is gun d’fhuair sibh seo le gun fhiosd’, bu choir cur � s dhan phost-d agus lethbhreac sam bith air an t-siostam agaibh, leig fios chun neach a sgaoil am post-d gun d� il.

Dh’fhaodadh gum bi teachdaireachd sam bith bho Riaghaltas na h-Alba air a chl� radh neo air a sgrùdadh airson dearbhadh gu bheil an siostam ag obair gu h-èifeachdach neo airson adhbhar laghail eile. Dh’fhaodadh nach eil beachdan anns a’ phost-d seo co-ionann ri beachdan Riaghaltas na h-Alba.

#25 Parent foxy - 2013-01-21

--- On Mon, 1/21/13, Reynard Foxyfoxy@yahoo.com> wrote:

Subject: RE-SENT NOW! reynard foxy, T******, dob */12/1951,Fw: your account has received a new pension
To: "brian.thomson@scotland.gsi.gov.uk" <brian.thomson@scotland.gsi.gov.uk>
Date: Monday, January 21, 2013, 11:28 AM

Re-sent now

Sent: Wednesday, January 2, 2013 3:11 PM
Subject: Cross Borders Teacher Pension Transfer, Fw: your account has received a new pension

Brian,
I visited said bank on 31st December, and was happy that what I presume my October pension instalment was paid that day. It arrived in USD, which I sold there and then to obtain RMB. The said amount was USD 239.77, to be precise.
From my perspective, the good news is that my new bank passbook, whose details I had sent you a previous e-mail about, was used to accommodate the TT above.
But, in the future, Citibank should not quote 265035565, but 155621376506 on transfers. The other point brought up by the bank is that Citibank should not state Mr.reynard foxy, but instead just reynard foxy on their bank TT form.
I have also received a pension instalment on the 20th of December for USD 237.91, which wasn't initially entered into my old bank book nor my new one. I reckon that payment to have been my November instalment.
The time immediately prior to that when I received a TT from Citibank was Nov !st 2012 when I received 147.87 GBP, that had been converted from USD 239.99, from SPPA - I have the transfer note T112102900020461 here. I sold the GBP for RMB that day.
The time before that was on JULY 4th 2012 when I accepted a TT to my Wenxi account in Hohhot for GBP 163.21, which I converted to RMB.
According to my calculations, there are still instalments outstanding!Please investigate this matter at once. A reconciliation is needed quickly, imo.
PS: The BOC isn't happy how slow Citibank is, so I've been told!

reynard foxy

#26 Parent foxy - 2013-01-21

--- On Mon, 1/21/13, reynard foxyfoxy@yahoo.com> wrote:

Subject:
Date: Monday, January 21, 2013, 11:33 AM

I have re-sent you my previous e-mail of Jan 2nd, which you didn't respond to.
The missing payments are the July, August and September instalments, to my reckoning.

#27 Parent foxy - 2013-01-21

--- On Mon, 1/21/13, reynard foxy foxy@yahoo.com> wrote:

Subject: Re-sent Fw: Fw:Fw: Cross Borders Teacher Pension Transfers re reynard foxy, T******, dob */12/1951
Date: Monday, January 21, 2013, 11:42 AM

Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2012 8:54 AM
Subject: Fw: Cross Borders Teacher Pension Transfers re
Dear Mr Thomson,
Many thanks for your prompt response.
Your words - "I have today arranged for the 3 missed pension payments to be re-issued as a foreign telegraphic transfer."
I'll check at my bank towards the end of next week if the TT you've arranged has been enacted. I'll inform you promptly of the outcome of my visit to my bank.
Hopefully, Citibank will subsequently, at long last, set up an automated system to transfer my future monthly pension payments to Hohhot on time!
Thanks for pursuing this matter with Citibank, the service rendered by that bank has now deteriorated to the extent of being non-existent!
Yours sincerely,
reynard foxy

From: "Brian.Thomson@scotland.gsi.gov.uk" <Brian.Thomson@scotland.gsi.gov.uk>
To: reynard foxy@yahoo.com
Sent: Wednesday, October 10, 2012 10:02 PM
Subject: RE: Cross Borders Teacher Pension Transfers re
Dear Mr Foxy,

Thank you for your e-mail

I have tried to resolve the issue we are having with Citibank processing your payments. Obviously my efforts have been unsuccessful. I have today arranged for the 3 missed pension payments to be re-issued as a foreign telegraphic transfer. This will bring all your current pension payments up to date. Further to this I will be contacting one of their Customer Service Representatives to try to resolve the issue once and for all. I have also notified our Payroll Manager regarding the issues we have experienced and they will be looking into the matter and escalating this as an issue with Citibank.

Please accept my sincere apologies for these delays. I am doing my very best to ensure that you receive payments on time however unfortunately there is only so much we can do at our end. Once I have had my conversation with Citibank today I will supply them once again with the complete details for your pension payments. I will contact you once this has been submitted and I will contact you again when our payroll has been run so that you may monitor the situation from your end and hopefully inform us that you have received the funds successfully.

Once again I greatly appreciate your patience and understanding regarding this matter. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Yours sincerely

Brian Thomson
Payroll Administrator

7 Tweedside Park
Tweedbank
Galashiels
TD1 3TE

Subject: RE: Cross Borders Teacher Pension Transfers

Date: Wednesday, September 5, 2012, 1:55 PM
Dear Mr foxy,

I have investigated this matter for you and it would appear that July and August’s payments have not credited. I am in the process of addressing this and will notify you as soon as I have resolved the matter.

Once again I thank you for your patience. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact me

Yours sincerely

Brian Thomson
Payroll Administrator

7 Tweedside Park
Tweedbank
Galashiels
TD1 3TE

Tha am post-d seo (agus faidhle neo ceanglan còmhla ris) dhan neach neo luchd-ainmichte a-mh� in. Chan eil e ceadaichte a chleachdadh ann an dòigh sam bith, a’ toirt a-steach còraichean, foillseachadh neo sgaoileadh, gun chead. Ma ’s e is gun d’fhuair sibh seo le gun fhiosd’, bu choir cur � s dhan phost-d agus lethbhreac sam bith air an t-siostam agaibh, leig fios chun neach a sgaoil am post-d gun d� il.

Dh’fhaodadh gum bi teachdaireachd sam bith bho Riaghaltas na h-Alba air a chl� radh neo air a sgrùdadh airson dearbhadh gu bheil an siostam ag obair gu h-èifeachdach neo airson adhbhar laghail eile. Dh’fhaodadh nach eil beachdan anns a’ phost-d seo co-ionann ri beachdan Riaghaltas na h-Alba.

This email was received from the INTERNET and scanned by the Government Secure Intranet anti-virus service supplied by Cable&Wireless Worldwide in partnership with MessageLabs. (CCTM Certificate Number 2009/09/0052.) In case of problems, please call your organisation’s IT Helpdesk.

The original of this email was scanned for viruses by the Government Secure Intranet virus scanning service supplied by Cable&Wireless Worldwide in partnership with MessageLabs. (CCTM Certificate Number 2009/09/0052.) On leaving the GSi this email was certified virus free. Communications via the GSi may be automatically logged, monitored and/or recorded for legal purposes.

#28 Parent foxy - 2013-01-08

" Brian,
I visited said bank on 31st December, and was happy that what I presume my October pension instalment was paid that day. It arrived in USD, which I sold there and then to obtain RMB. The said amount was USD 239.77, to be precise.
From my perspective, the good news is that my new bank passbook, whose details I had sent you a previous e-mail about, was used to accommodate the TT above.
But, in the future, Citibank should not quote ********, but ************ on transfers. The other point brought up by the bank is that Citibank should not state Mr.Reynard Foxy, but instead just Reynard Foxy on their bank TT form.
I have also received a pension instalment on the 20th of December for USD 237.91, which wasn't initially entered into my old bank book nor my new one. I reckon that payment to have been my November instalment.
The time immediately prior to that when I received a TT from Citibank was Nov !st 2012 when I received 147.87 GBP, that had been converted from USD 239.99, from SPPA - I have the transfer note T*************** here. I sold the GBP for RMB that day.
The time before that was on JULY 4th 2012 when I accepted a TT to my ***** account here for GBP 163.21, which I converted to RMB.
According to my calculations, there are still instalments outstanding! Please investigate this matter at once. A reconciliation is needed quickly, imo.
PS: The BOC isn't happy how slow Citibank is, so I've been told!
Reynard Foxy. "

I'm now giving this slacker enough time to hang himself. Three weeks after the above e-mail to him, if he hasn't replied, I'll lodge a complaint in writing, backed up by my e-mails. If SPPA can't resolve it, and they guarantee a period of 21 days to do so with this kind of thing, my next step is the Ombodsman. It seems, as far as the SPPA is concerned, I'm "out of sight", so I'm "out of mind". However, that's NOT how I see it!

#29 Parent foxy - 2012-10-31
Re: Citibank is a shitibank! - update no 2

To: "Brian.Thomson@scotland.gsi.gov.uk" <Brian.Thomson@scotland.gsi.gov.uk>
Sent: Wednesday, October 31, 2012 8:10 PM
Subject: Re: Cross Borders Teacher Pension Transfers re Reynard Foxy

Dear Brian,

I have some news for you:

The three months' payments due me have arrived, in GBP! And the October instalment is there too, but in USD!

However, there are admin problems there, which means I will have to return tomorrow aft to that bank to deal with it. Seems they're just as incompetent as Citibank!

Rest assured, I will be able to sort it out there without having to think 2X!! In fact, I'm gonna play games with 'em first...LOL!

I'll let you know what needs to be done before the coming w'end.

Reynard.

To: Reynard
    Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2012 11:37 PM
    Subject: RE: Cross Borders Teacher Pension Transfers re Reynard

Dear Mr Foxy,

Thank you for your e-mail.

I have contacted our treasury and bank team who are responsible for the processing of the foreign telegraphic transfer. They have informed me that the payment appears to have been successful as they have not been notified of its return. They are investigating the matter, tracing the payment and I await there response confirming its status.

With regards to your October payment. Your details were successfully added to Citibank Database. I have contacted them today and the have confirmed again that the payment has been processed to your bank details as requested. They have not been notified of any payments being returned however again I have asked them to monitor the situation and they will contact me with any further developments.

I will keep you posted with any further information I receive. Likewise it would appreciated if you could contact me if and when you receive your funds.

If there is any further problems regarding your payments it may be an idea to revert to having payments credited to your Wenxi account as payments appeared to be crediting correctly.

I thank you in advance for your co-operation regarding this matter and look forward to hearing from you in the near future.

Many thanks.

Brian Thomson

Payroll Administrator

7 Tweedside Park

Tweedbank

Galashiels

TD1 3TE

#30 Parent foxy - 2012-10-29
Re: Citibank is a shitibank! - update

Sent: Friday, October 26, 2012 3:04 PM
Subject: Fw: Cross Borders Teacher Pension Transfers re Reynard Foxy

Brian,

And as of today am, Friday, no money has arrived in the meantime either! By the beginning of November, 4 monthly pension payments will be owed to me! Any news?

Reynard.

"Brian,

I visited the bank this morning, Friday. No money has arrived! That's not good.

Reynard."

#31 Parent foxy - 2012-10-19
Re: Citibank is a shitibank! I'm fed up with UK B/S!

Sent: Friday, October 19, 2012 12:15 PM
Subject: Fw: Cross Borders Teacher Pension Transfers re []

Brian,

I visited the bank this morning, Friday. No money has arrived! That's not good.

[]

To: []
Sent: Wednesday, October 10, 2012 10:02 PM
Subject: RE: Cross Borders Teacher Pension Transfers re []

Dear Mr [],

Thank you for your e-mail

I have tried to resolve the issue we are having with Citibank processing your payments. Obviously my efforts have been unsuccessful. I have today arranged for the 3 missed pension payments to be re-issued as a foreign telegraphic transfer. This will bring all your current pension payments up to date. Further to this I will be contacting one of their Customer Service Representatives to try to resolve the issue once and for all. I have also notified our Payroll Manager regarding the issues we have experienced and they will be looking into the matter and escalating this as an issue with Citibank.

Please accept my sincere apologies for these delays. I am doing my very best to ensure that you receive payments on time however unfortunately there is only so much we can do at our end. Once I have had my conversation with Citibank today I will supply them once again with the complete details for your pension payments. I will contact you once this has been submitted and I will contact you again when our payroll has been run so that you may monitor the situation from your end and hopefully inform us that you have received the funds successfully.

Once again I greatly appreciate your patience and understanding regarding this matter. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Yours sincerely

Brian Thomson

Payroll Administrator

7 Tweedside Park

Tweedbank

Galashiels

TD1 3TE

Return to Index › Re: Citibank is a shitibank! I'm fed up with UK B/S!

Go to another board -