TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Getting legal/apostilled docs for S. Korea - while already abroad?
#1 Parent Mancunian - 2013-01-28
Re: Getting legal/apostilled docs for S. Korea - while already abroad?

Hello Nicole
Best to try and get the information from the horse's mouth. London Embassy & Consulate will correspond with you by e-mail, but here is a screenshot from the one in Washington DC, who may be more knowledgable-and you can see website.

Nicole O - 2013-01-28
Getting legal/apostilled docs for S. Korea - while already abroad?

Hey there!
I'm hoping to find some guidance on reference on overcoming required documentation (criminal record, etc) for South Korea while already overseas.
Long story short, I'd love an amazing teaching experience in Asia, if I can just find a way through the gov/legal paperwork...

I'm from the U.S. and only a month ago decided to work towards getting a TESOL degree and going to Asia in March or even February. However, SK requires a criminal background check and bill of health - not only does this seem to take months but it looks like a huge process that requires being IN the US to complete... unfortunately I'm in Scotland right now.

1. Is it possible to get all that necessary information while in another country? Has anyone done this before, or know how to help? Being the new kid to this global travel thing I'm beyond confused by this hurdle-filled legal maze... I looked online, but there's a dozen trails that alter each year they're published. Augh. I just don't want to waste money I barely have left to not have the proper paperwork come and months after I leave (I HAVE to get out of the UK within two months, Schengen Visa -- I would leave next week if I could!).

2. I have my online 150-hr TESOL degree, fortunately. I've ordered a paper transcript from my bachelor's degree; should I have multiple paper, or is getting a fax version sufficient?

3. Is there somewhere a U.S. TESOL-certified graduate could apply to work without yet having this paperwork? I'm quite open-minded; I'd just like somewhere to save some cash for the next backpacking Thailand on down after teaching and the SK jobs seem to pay for your flights (which I'm not sure I have enough to purchase otherwise...).

Thank you incredibly for whoever has any advice to give in navigating this stuff. I appreciate it. :)

Sincerely,
-Nicole

Return to Index › Getting legal/apostilled docs for S. Korea - while already abroad?

Go to another board -