TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re: China: The Basics of Evaluating a Chinese Employment Contract
#1 Parent Dragonized - 2013-02-28
Re: China: The Basics of Evaluating a Chinese Employment Contract

every body who complains about China or the Chinese gets the full unquestioned support of the Sniggering Hyenas.

You only support the complaining once in a blue moon, don't you remember?

I mean, when was the last time Dragonised told a China grumbler that he was out of order in his critisicism?

I have told many China grumblers about how out of order they are. China grumblers to me at least are the folks who want to come on here and label others who try and give a moderate view of China as "hating China" and "hating the chinese" when I am only reporting on a specific situation which happened at a specific place in a specific geographical location. Now, besides the fact that you spelled criticism wrong, there are many other things that lead to my seemingly more extreme view on China. If I say how one or two people are hard to communicate with, only to see some anonymous posters come all up in arms towards me and tell me to get out of China or how low of a character I have and how it's all my fault, then I can only conclude that these folks are in the extreme in their own minds. Over time, I see a pattern of these folks, not only on various discussion boards but also in my treks all over China whether it be at backwater areas or in more developed areas hold these extreme ideals as virtuous. This only justifies more abuse of teachers, much like how you've been abusing your privilege of posting on here by making groundless attacks on me. One of the MOST telling signs of these abusers is the attempt to dehumanize those who dare criticize China. "China bashers", "haters", "racists", "bigots", and other misnomers were common words applied to me, so I and some other posters countered with a term originated by Foxy on this board called "grovelling weasels". I do not have a problem dealing with people who want to see me as the enemy in a like minded fashion. The fact that the more I speak with people such as you, the more extreme I have to sound just to get small points across really says something.

When you first posted under Mancunian, I and other posters gave you the courtesy of disagreeing but still not throwing insults in your direction. You have taken this kindness as weakness and think we are carcasses to pick on, as true to your nature as it can be, eh? I didn't respond to some of your earlier posts because I felt ignorance shouldn't be acknowledged, but now that you have decided to try and bring down the integrity of this discussion board by mislabeling everyone who disagrees with your agenda. You seem to have a knack for making problems bigger.

#2 Parent Dragonized - 2013-02-26

every body who complains about China or the Chinese gets the full unquestioned support of the Sniggering Hyenas.

I am happy to see you support complaining about China and the Chinese. [edited]

#3 Parent Dragonized - 2013-02-26

I wish I met could meet more expat teachers like you. While I have been able to do this all too often I have met too many who didn't know how to think and would waste their days away telling others how much they knew about the world when they knew so little. I hope you are doing well in China.

#4 Parent Mancunian - 2013-02-25

So Mancunian, don’t defend China unconditionally. You are obviously lacking in knowledge in such areas and I’m talking about more than your linguistic skills. You can also have a bad time in your own country too, but if you get screwed over here, it is not because of your failure to adapt of cooperate, it is usually, just simply because you got screwed. People on this board have probably been in China long enough to know which foreigners are the crybabies and who are the genuine victims.

Oh I don't do that, I think it's a bit of a shithole in many respects; however, it's not I devoid of the will or expertise(people skills) to get on with the Chinese.

I have never witnessed the discernment of the people on this board which you say exists- every body who complains about China or the Chinese gets the full unquestioned support of the Sniggering Hyenas. I mean, when was the last time Dragonised told a China grumbler that he was out of order in his critisicism? If some body posted this "they is a pikkin on me bekoas I's not got the bloo eyes and blond air and they dont give me myair fayre and pay" Next thing you know, the whole cackle of SH's would be out in support.

#5 Parent John O’Shei - 2013-02-25

Hangzhou was the first city that I worked in; during my time in China. I have a bit of a soft spot for the place (I lived in the Xihu district, lol), but even that place has its flaws. Being able to drink the world’s finest green tea (well, some of the better stuff that you can get), next to a beautiful lake is great (a past time that I sometimes enjoy more than... most things actually) but even that doesn’t mean everything is going to be perfect, look at those poor guys there who worked for Helen’s, DD Dragon or EF etc.

Besides, some of the grimier places around the country are more fun than the shiny, modern places that are full of the full on douchebag foreigners that can’t survive without an English menu featuring western food and overinflated prices. I am actually reluctant to take work in Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou or Shenzhen unless the benefits are really, really good. Unfortunately, if you are teaching English, that probably won’t be the case.

In those cities, there’s too many guys who are fresh out of uni that want a year long holiday (hence a steady neverending stream of unprofessional kids pretending to teach). People like that keep wages lower than they should be. That is also reflected by the way that some schools treat their workers, you are easily replaced, it’s all about the bottom line, etc.

Sadly, Hangzhou suffers the same kind of problems, it is an easy place for even the weakest of foreigners to live in, it is desirable, pricier than it used to be etc. I’ve heard one or two stories about Chengdu these days too, but I need to investigate that a little more.

I don’t have such negative opinions of China as a whole, but some of us are not newbie tourists and have experienced both bad times and indeed some good times.

So Mancunian, don’t defend China unconditionally. You are obviously lacking in knowledge in such areas and I’m talking about more than your linguistic skills. You can also have a bad time in your own country too, but if you get screwed over here, it is not because of your failure to adapt of cooperate, it is usually, just simply because you got screwed. People on this board have probably been in China long enough to know which foreigners are the crybabies and who are the genuine victims.

#6 Parent Dragonized - 2013-02-25

Your lack of ability to respond to my question shows you most likely have some things to hide. I won't delve deeper but I'm not surprised given your lack of character how you like to run away from your problems, it is after all they only consistent thing you say on this board whether it's to yourself or to others.

I have been to Hangzhou as well as many other "nice" parts of china. No Hangzhou is not as nice as what people say. West Lake actually flooded last year as well as the whole city. Judging from your remarks you are again thinking you know more than the person whom you are speaking to, and your lack of security gives birth to the unfounded arrogance that so many pretend "teachers" who never actually had what resembled a decent life comes out again. I have more experience than you working in China. I have worked in many places and obtained legal permits to work there. I have also worked in other countries and I have made the comparisons accordingly. Believe me, even the "best", most "clean" cities in China couldn't hold a candle to mediocre cities in other developing worlds. [edited] [edited]

#7 Parent Mancunian - 2013-02-24

You can go back to Britain now, by the way I'm curious as to know why 30 + years in the military couldn't land yourself a pension. People who serve in the USA military after 20 years receive a "master" grade of sorts and can get a full salary pension. Of course, you may already have this and you just want to wind others up for no other reason than to flaunt your own ignorance. Absolute obedience to authority is something you just can't live without, eh?

Not at all- a good life, even ignored my shoulder length hair(short now though)

Listen, I've been thinking-do you think it possible that you worked and lived in a pretty wretched part of China? I suggest you return; sometimes one has to return somewhere to set matters straight before you can move on in life. What about somewhere like...hangzhou, where, take my word for it, the birds are beautiful, gentle and reliable. I warrant you, if you try it out there, you will most probably leave China with a different taste in your mouth...and may think of that old fart Man..what was his name, and murmer to yourself "he wasn't a bad old geezer after all." Now, is that the unassailiable truth or is that the unassailiable truth?

#8 Parent Dragonized - 2013-02-24

You can go back to Britain now, by the way I'm curious as to know why 30 + years in the military couldn't land yourself a pension. People who serve in the USA military after 20 years receive a "master" grade of sorts and can get a full salary pension. Of course, you may already have this and you just want to wind others up for no other reason than to flaunt your own ignorance. Absolute obedience to authority is something you just can't live without, eh?

#9 Parent Mancunian - 2013-02-23

when are you returning to China?

I have an idea for you: Go find 10 other like minded expats who think like you. Then tell them to find 10 themselves who are like them and think like you. After repeating this 50 times you now have a large enough number where you can all come together and collectively buy tickets out of China. That is when I think that more people who think like me should be coming back.

Hahaha-I like your drollness, Dragonised.

#10 Parent Dragonized - 2013-02-23

when are you returning to China?

I have an idea for you: Go find 10 other like minded expats who think like you. Then tell them to find 10 themselves who are like them and think like you. After repeating this 50 times you now have a large enough number where you can all come together and collectively buy tickets out of China. That is when I think that more people who think like me should be coming back.

#11 Parent Mancunian - 2013-02-22

The type of response that this "Mancunian S" poster writes suggests he is a tool for something bigger. I had stated recently that I wouldn't be all surprised if the Chinese started to hire and entrust expats to troll public discussion forums and advertise their agendas

Hello Dragonized
Scratching my head...I think, that the only two things I have advertised on this forum, is Linux - don't take my word it's good, ask San Mig, he'll tell you. And also, Yuncheng IELTS School, as a good starter school for new FT's - don't take my word for that either, ask Foxy Poster, he knows what a fine school it is. Don't be too sombre, mate, lighten up- when are you returning to China?

#12 Parent Dragonized - 2013-02-22

The type of response that this "Mancunian S" poster writes suggests he is a tool for something bigger. I had stated recently that I wouldn't be all surprised if the Chinese started to hire and entrust expats to troll public discussion forums and advertise their agendas. Some of what these posters say will no doubt get a negative reaction from the experienced teachers, yet it still comes. I think what they are trying to do is to intimidate and force the timid teachers to not question what they already know about China, which isn't a lot for the many newbie teachers. The weakness in human nature is to put bright sided, optimistic hope into things we think we may not know. Even experienced teachers can fall into the trap of being suckered in by manipulative, lying people in China if they don't trust their own instincts.

This type of behavior [edited] cannot be interpreted as merely people with their heads in the sand, but a preempting attempt to con as many people as possible towards not reading posts of an opposing nature. Bullying already starts before any teachers even find work! Now this is something to think about.

Return to Index › Re: China: The Basics of Evaluating a Chinese Employment Contract

Go to another board -