TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re: Give it a rest, please, Mancunian, would you, please?
#1 Parent Dragonized - 2013-03-02
Re: Give it a rest, please, Mancunian, would you, please?

You sound like someone who is even keeled and knows what he's talking about. I hope you are doing well.

#2 Parent Mancunian - 2013-03-01

I agree with you here that some of the comments here start off well, but then the devolve into an argument between people. So much so that I don't want to continue reading sometimes. I have learned some very useful things here, but how much other useful things have I missed because I have to stop reading. A little civility is good, but also when to know that one does not always need to have the last word on everything. Once I made my points, I may do one rebuttal- but that's it. It's Chinese New Year, and a fresh start will benefit all of us.

There's a lot in what you say- a good post.

#3 Parent juanisaac - 2013-03-01

I agree with you here that some of the comments here start off well, but then the devolve into an argument between people. So much so that I don't want to continue reading sometimes. I have learned some very useful things here, but how much other useful things have I missed because I have to stop reading. A little civility is good, but also when to know that one does not always need to have the last word on everything. Once I made my points, I may do one rebuttal- but that's it. It's Chinese New Year, and a fresh start will benefit all of us.

#4 Parent Dragonized - 2013-03-01

Thank you for your post Turnoi, you are an example to all and I hope to collect as much wisdom by the time I am your age. I mean that sincerely.

I do give people the benefit of the doubt. I made a rather long post a couple months back stating that posters such as foxy, mancunian, and astf may merely be showing their gratefulness for working in China, which is a virtue if they truly possess it. This post of mine was met with the rather snide (in my opinion, but maybe you saw it as the MC poster not taking things seriously?) attitude of being accused of "having too much time on my hands". Now I do veer towards the serious side of things rather a bit more than most posters, maybe because I feel some pressure from outside sources and I should take things in a more lighthearted manner. I would like nothing more than to share objective and valuable feedback with other people that can be of the benefit to both sides. Polite arguments would be something I'd like to take part in more, but unfortunately in the real world that is something of a luxury item.

If Mancunian wasn't taking things too seriously and I actually hurt his feelings to the point where he thinks his aggressive demeanor towards me is justified, then I will take a step back as I would not want others to treat me like this. I always try to treat others like how I want to be treated, but if I feel that I am being targeted rather unfairly then I will reciprocate in the same manner. But being that we are all human beings we can all misjudge now and then.

Return to Index › Re: Give it a rest, please, Mancunian, would you, please?

Go to another board -