TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › A rubbishy direct Chinese public sector employer
#1 Parent Alternate - 2013-03-15
Re: A rubbishy direct Chinese public sector employer

Good post. Yes FAO's have been known to scream their way at the imaginary foreign teachers sitting around at the office during leisure time except there was no more foreign teachers around, they all left! Stupid looks of "huh", "what", "we didn't promise that" after looking at the receipts saved from HK trips for reimbursement gives the foreign teachers good ideas such as leaving after the semester is up. Who can blame them?

#2 Parent cheetah - 2013-03-15
Re: A rubbishy direct Chinese public sector employer

School FAO officers are notorious for being lazy, arrogant pricks. Of course, HK isn't the only option for visa runs. FAO pricks know that too, but they don't care if you waste your money by visiting HK. Your pal should embark on his visa run during the school labor week holidays commencing early May, and he should obtain his Z visa from the Chinese visa office in Kirgistan. He can teach until then without a medical and on his tourist visa in Xinjiang at that public school without fear. As we all know, abuse of visa regulations is widespread throughout China, and that's just the sort of deceit from westerners in China that the authoritarian government of China deserves!

foxy - 2013-03-14
A rubbishy direct Chinese public sector employer

An e-mail from sb I'm trying to advise well!

I can not lock in to my skype account becuase i am using the internet cafe computer, and everythng is in Mandarin. I should have my internet connection this week, than we chat on the skype.

this school does not know how to change my L Visa to Z Visa, they are asking I can apply for Z visa only out side of China, they recomment to do it in Hong Kong. Hong Kong is pretty far, Kirgistan will issue me Visa at my arrival, the rest of the bordered countries to Xianjan I must have Visa prior to my arrival on my Canadian passport.

Please quite me which way is cheaper and easier, and which documents do i need to have with me?

It is public school the staffs, and the Chinese English teachers have very nice to me, so Far. especially, the teacher who is in charge for hiring me. Anyway, my tourist Visa ends end of May, thank you man.

Return to Index › A rubbishy direct Chinese public sector employer

Go to another board -