TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re: re: visas?
#1 Parent Dragonized - 2013-03-19
Re: re: visas?

I'd hardly call San Migs a GW. I myself do not like many things about China and I have made it known but I know the pitfalls of risking detainment, deportation, and blacklisting. If you really wanted to work in China you wouldn't intentionally try to make your employment opportunities unavailable for 5 years with a bad record. Give it a rest.

#2 Parent San Migs - 2013-03-19

Wrong actually, I was never on his "back" as you claim.

A GW, that would be a lot of people but not me, I have been called a SH however. And you my good man?

#3 Parent foxy - 2013-03-18

Thanks for your support. I should add that I'm retired and no longer interested in resuming my teaching career. I should also stress that anyone breaking the visa regs while working in the public education sector should do so in the knowledge that there's always the (slight) risk of being caught doing so by immigration, and having to face punishment as a result thereof. It's therefore advisable to have sufficient funds available to pay a substantial fine and purchase a one-way air ticket to your homeland at short notice.

#4 Parent Alternate - 2013-03-18

You are most welcome.

#5 Parent cheetah - 2013-03-18

And foxy has the temerity to label others as GW's.

Foxy cheats repressive governments, not ordinary people.
Not for money, but for his own kicks derived by manipulating a shoddy control system set up by nincompoops in Beijing, FOR HIS OWN PERSONAL BENEFIT.
Get off Foxy's back, you are a GW, not him. That's absolutely clear.
[edited]

#6 Parent San Migs - 2013-03-18

War and genocide has been waged for centuries, I suppose your kind thinks that acceptable also. Hear no evil, see no evil. And foxy has the temerity to label others as GW's.

#7 Parent San Migs - 2013-03-18

thanks for your support Alternate!

#8 Parent cheetah - 2013-03-18

I'm a cheater too, AND JUST LIKE FOXY, A SUCCESSFUL ONE! Five *s to Foxy and his like. The Chinese immigration assholes have dug themselves into a deep hole with their lousy visa regulations. They've been suffering the consequences thereof for years on end. And I'm bloody sure it'll continue. Too many streetwise foreigners are aware and taking advantage of their bungling assisted by corrupt agents, recruiters and school directors. Hoorah!! [edited]

#9 Parent San Migs - 2013-03-18

well you would, as you advocate gambits!

#10 Parent Mancunian - 2013-03-17

The points of the soul you're responding to is to bullshit as much as possible to get a response, tempering his own loneliness. You are doing a favor for him. Would he receive such attention from those whom he works with? Most likely not.

Hello alternate, thanks for those kind words hahaha. Well let me see...I do like to get a response, but then we all do, no?

Bullshit...well, that too, I am capable of ladling that out, like a Chinese chef with a big bucket of MSG. While I'm busy bullshitting, I like to take the rise.......but you know what they say "only cream and shit rises" hahaha. Sadly for me though at my age I am likely to be descending rather than rising.

This verb to temper, I am having problems with, because it means to change the nature of something, rather than completely changing it into something else; therefore, if i temper my loneliness, I would remain lonely...just in a slightly different way-am I right or am I right? I would agree with Turnoi, that it's a bit out of order to criicise the lonely...and if you can get involved in a forum to alleviate this state of affairs, well, that's a positive step, no?

It may not be easy to see, but I believe occasionally I can do some good on this forum- call it tough love-shock treatment- all profound stuff, I'm sure.-- but occasionally I move behind the scenes and show help and compassion, where least expected- hahaha.

#11 Parent Dragonized - 2013-03-18

I myself have known of more than 1 case where the teachers were detained for doing this. You are not doing people any favors by misleading.

#12 Parent Mancunian - 2013-03-17

Foxy has done it for decades, with only positive consequences. [edited]

Here here, well said! Foxy Poster is an example to us all- In fact i'm thinking of putting his name forward as presidential leader of us GW's.

#13 Parent cheetah - 2013-03-17

Foxy has done it for decades, with only positive consequences. [edited]

#14 Parent Alternate - 2013-03-17

The points of the soul you're responding to is to bullshit as much as possible to get a response, tempering his own loneliness. You are doing a favor for him. Would he receive such attention from those whom he works with? Most likely not.

#15 Parent Mancunian - 2013-03-17

the point of my post (im replying you again, broke my rule) was about HK visa runs, it seems they are still doable. Therefore, what is the problem if an FT chooses to get his documents in order BEFORE coming ? Why does working legally irk you so much? Can you imagine the consequences of working illegally in ANY country? In the UK, it would mean deportation for certain.

The way I read it , San Mig, is that it's only achievable, if you have your foreign expert's certificate to show them from the previous year...but...

Working illegally? I'm annoyed about this one- it was Foxy Poster who first championed the advantages of that way of working- he dumped the idea for all to sniff over- I rush in to lend him my support and now he's just leaving me to it- Ask Foxy Poster please, it's his turn, hahaha.

#16 Parent San Migs - 2013-03-17

the point of my post (im replying you again, broke my rule) was about HK visa runs, it seems they are still doable. Therefore, what is the problem if an FT chooses to get his documents in order BEFORE coming ? Why does working legally irk you so much? Can you imagine the consequences of working illegally in ANY country? In the UK, it would mean deportation for certain.

#17 Parent Mancunian - 2013-03-16

They can probably do so because they can "attract" enough FTs to work for them, in other words: there is a competition for jobs on the part of the FTs. That may be especially true in the better, more developed parts of China. Whether it is the same in the less developed parts is something I would doubt.

Spot-onish, Turnoi, hahaha..and I am happy it doesn't conflict very much with what I said. Yes, as you say there's a lot of competition for work in China- I am saying that there shouldn't be competion for ends of gristle. There are sadly many FT's around who are prepared to cough up their first two months wages getting expensive medicals and visas before they even arrive in China. As I indicated I do not blame the Chinese for taking advantage of the employers'-market, I blame the growing number of FT's who cannot do their sums, and work out that maybe some other Asian country would work out a better deal. I mean, in Thailand for example, you don't need to think about returning home so you can get another visa and then go all the way back to China-what nonsense! Well said, Turnoi.

Return to Index › Re: re: visas?

Go to another board -