TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re: F Visa
#1 Parent foxy - 2013-04-05
Re: F Visa

I don't give a monkey's uncle if the Chinese are a shower of thieves; if you have your head screwed on you can still have a good time teaching in China.
A classic sentence from Beelzebub. I agree with it wholly. I hope Beelzebub keeps on posting;

I'm sure Beelzebub won't find himself having been "sent to Coventry" if he goes on posting on the board. For those readers who think Coventry is just another place, like Exeter, I'll elucidate about the meaning of the idiom in inverted commas - it means ostracized, which would be the case if his posts weren't replied to by anyone.

#2 Parent Beelzebub - 2013-04-05

And your annoying taglines are a reason noone wants to post to you, except to respond in kind, ask turnoi, dragonized, protestor, you are in the minority of one.

It's perfectly okay if no-body replies to me, because eventually as a result I will get fed up and wander off to find something else to do. However help is at hand in the guise of San Mig and Puzuzu- It is you that is helping me to stay on the forum by keep replying to me-chuckle chuckle- guffaw guffaw. No chance of me ending up in Coventry while I have a friend to rely on- guffaw guffaw.

#3 Parent statesider - 2013-04-05

I don't give a monkey's uncle if the Chinese are a shower of thieves; if you have your head screwed on you can still have a good time teaching in China.

A classic sentence from Beelzebub. I agree with it wholly. I hope Beelzebub keeps on posting;

#4 Parent Dragonized - 2013-04-05

The thing is, people who are truly happy to be working in China would see no reason to argue with us. They would be smart enough to know better in that their own respective personal experiences may in fact be massively different than that of what me and other posters have gone through. This can only result in a different outlook, one that they would stand by but not cross boundaries into what we believe for the more intelligent folks would know that people are different, and therefore have different ideas about many things. All the more reason to be suspicious towards these posters who attack us. Is it out of security or insecurity? Those who are secure enough to believe in themselves would leave me and others alone. But that is not the case, is it?

#5 Parent Pazuzu - 2013-04-05

And your annoying taglines are a reason noone wants to post to you, except to respond in kind, ask turnoi, dragonized, protestor, you are in the minority of one.

#6 Parent Beelzebub - 2013-04-03

was referring to non native speaking students eg other british asians, caucausians and so on.

The point from that education UK article is it is termed very important to learn either mandarin or cantonese in the UK as of now. Although from what I saw we are lagging behind the USA, they already have high school students speaking the hua fluently. Time to get in the game. As for the maths, yes you are right.

Tell you what, your style is a bit like San Mig, lawyer, Bavarian Bear and numerous others. End of story, eh? Not talking to you any longer-guffaw guffaw.

#7 Parent Pazuzu - 2013-04-03

I know you can be very sure of that and it's because their parents are from China

I was referring to non native speaking students eg other british asians, caucausians and so on.

The point from that education UK article is it is termed very important to learn either mandarin or cantonese in the UK as of now. Although from what I saw we are lagging behind the USA, they already have high school students speaking the hua fluently. Time to get in the game. As for the maths, yes you are right.

#8 Parent Beelzebub - 2013-04-02

Devils minion, deity from the middle east, I would not be so sure. I'm pretty sure you could walk into some classrooms in the UK as of now, and find students who can speak mandarin and/or cantonese. Cantonese, with more tones, I would say is even more difficult.

As for maths, I would say Chinese students beat UK students hands down, but that is a given.

I know you can be very sure of that and it's because their parents are from China- we import everything else, why not import kids who can speak foreign languages.

Thank you, yes, their kids are miles ahead in the one subject that really matters these days....and don't have to import kids who can speak foreign languages, they prefer to make their own.

#9 Parent Protestor - 2013-04-02

What you are speaking is utter garbage. Many products are "assembled in China", not made in China. If you think carefully it is very difficult to fault what I wrote.
A Chinese student told me that I Pads are made in China: BS, they are ASSEMBLED in China! Putting a man in space is no big deal in 2013. As for most countries in the West not doing it, well maybe they DON'T WANT TO WASTE THE MONEY! Tell me how puting a man in orbit around the Earth achieves anything? It is not like a Moon landing, sending a probe to Mars ( or Jupiter or Saturn ) There is no scientific value in such an event, it is purely for prestige, and maybe propaganda purposes in a communist nation. The Chinese should not be wasting money on space travel ( or the USA ) or even considering it. There are far more important priorities in China.

Once again, Chinese education is rubbish, I will keep saying it over and over. Like another poster said, it is based on rote learning, TOTALLY USELESS. Your statement about Chinese students is also nonsense: Many learn English for 9 or 10 years, and their English is still very poor. In constrast, Western people can be become fluent in Putonghua in one to two years. Now, why do you think that is the case? Chinese is not as "hard" to learn as people think.

The Western education system is superior to the Chinese one, and also Western thinking. End of the story.

#10 Parent Protestor - 2013-04-02

Correct. Chinese education is hardly advanced at any level. It is mostly because Chinese ( the majority ) never think deeply about any issues: In general,they don't have any critical analysis skills. Thinking about money and shopping all the time does not create a decent society and a great nation.

#11 Parent San Migs - 2013-04-02

http://www.education.gov.uk/inthenews/inthenews/a0067040/mandarin-teaching-in-schools-to-benefit-from-new-uk-china-partnership

Devils minion, deity from the middle east, I would not be so sure. I'm pretty sure you could walk into some classrooms in the UK as of now, and find students who can speak mandarin and/or cantonese. Cantonese, with more tones, I would say is even more difficult.

As for maths, I would say Chinese students beat UK students hands down, but that is a given.

I think the OP was referring to military tech and so on. I heard the aircraft carrier was bought from the Ukraine. And how long have the EU and the USA had their own aviation industry, etc, etc....

#12 Parent Beelzebub - 2013-04-01

Don't make me laugh! Rote learning does not develop creativity!

Oh no, that's why most English kids can't speak another language is it, but at least half of Chinese middle school students can at least have a basic converstion in English- and there's always a couple in each class that can have quite an in-depth English discussion? I should imagine the same applies to American kids and Aussie kids, as it does to English kids. You are totally wrong because the truth will come up and present itself, in English, and out of the mouths of Chinese kids.

#13 Parent Maxwell's Silver Hammer - 2013-04-01

Might not be an Oxford or Cambridge in China but their education system is far more advanced at middle school level than certainly the level in the UK.

Don't make me laugh! Rote learning does not develop creativity!

#14 Parent Beelzebub - 2013-04-01

Your response is totally lacking in regard to logic and commonsense. "they are putting people in space"? BIG DEAL! The Americans and Russians were doing that 40 years ago, longer than that! On top of that, USA has sent probes to Mars ( several ), also to outer planets and regions of the solar system. On top of that again, USA and European scientists have discovered the extra-solar planets, an incredible scientific break through.

Fastest growing economy in the world? Matter of opinion. 7 or 8 per cent growth in China is equivalant to about 3.5 per cent in the West. Ask any economist. And it is only because of cheap labour ( nothing "harmonious" or grand about that! ) Even that hollow and superficial cheap labour advantage will not last. Products, especially clothing and textiles are now being produced in places like Pakistan and Bangladesh instead of China. China is technologically backward, heavily reliant on foreign technology and skills. It also has a third-rate education system. Ain't no Oxford, Yale, or MIT in China.

Please do some research before you make silly statements here.

I think the research you have been doing is the same sort of research that different religious groups do and interpret the results any way you choose to do so.

Yes putting a man in space is a big deal and most of the Western world is not capable of doing it. My own country the UK is only capable of service industries. We do make a few cars but Indian and Chinese companies own once great names like Rolls Royce(the car maker) Rover, Jaguar, Land Rover and Range Rover etc.

Might not be an Oxford or Cambridge in China but their education system is far more advanced at middle school level than certainly the level in the UK. Just walk into any classroom you like and you will find a good few students can talk with you in English- that wouldn't be true in English schools for any language that they give priority to teaching- you might get a fist in your face if you enter an English classroom unannounced-but you try and try out their French skills. Just goes to prove what a superb jon the Chinese have been doing;especially the Chinese English teachers. With the greatest of respect what you have claimed is tommy rot.

#15 Parent Protestor - 2013-04-01

Your response is totally lacking in regard to logic and commonsense. "they are putting people in space"? BIG DEAL! The Americans and Russians were doing that 40 years ago, longer than that! On top of that, USA has sent probes to Mars ( several ), also to outer planets and regions of the solar system. On top of that again, USA and European scientists have discovered the extra-solar planets, an incredible scientific break through.

Fastest growing economy in the world? Matter of opinion. 7 or 8 per cent growth in China is equivalant to about 3.5 per cent in the West. Ask any economist. And it is only because of cheap labour ( nothing "harmonious" or grand about that! ) Even that hollow and superficial cheap labour advantage will not last. Products, especially clothing and textiles are now being produced in places like Pakistan and Bangladesh instead of China. China is technologically backward, heavily reliant on foreign technology and skills. It also has a third-rate education system. Ain't no Oxford, Yale, or MIT in China.

Please do some research before you make silly statements here.

#16 Parent Beelzebub - 2013-03-30

Rubbish Beezelbub, whatever ya name is. GW talk as far as I'm concerned. Most Chinese people couldn't work in a fit, they strive for incompetence and mediocrity. Don't make me laugh!

Oh, thanks for putting me straight, I wondered why they were sending men into space and stuff like that. Fastest growing economy in the world? That had me scratching my head; all down to this mediocrity they're striving for. Your perception and clarity of thought has really bowled me over.
#17 Parent Protestor - 2013-03-30

Rubbish Beezelbub, whatever ya name is. GW talk as far as I'm concerned. Most Chinese people couldn't work in a fit, they strive for incompetence and mediocrity. Don't make me laugh!

#18 Parent Beelzebub - 2013-03-28

All that is just fine with me, as long as they don't get lazy paying me, and treat me well, then life is rosy.

And if they don't?

If you are not a lazy good for nothing FT, the Chinese will treat you properly.

Return to Index › Re: F Visa

Go to another board -