TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re: F Visa
#1 Parent Dragonized - 2013-04-03
Re: F Visa

There's the rub, we are expecting the Chinese to be perfect, and refuse to forgive anything short of that.

There wasn't the expectation to be perfect, at least not on my end. But there should be an expectation to, well expect that the Chinese will actually make an effort to improve. what I am seeing is quite the opposite, instead of really improving the ESL business is actually stalling with its treatment of foreign teachers.

Also, the Chinese really bring it on themselves with the expectations, with the billions of dollars thrown away overseas marketing herself as an up and coming superpower any ordinary person would think that this would include a decent standard of living. I am not asking for big riches or high fame, just decent living standards which is still not up to par for the most part when compared back to the USA.

#2 Parent Beelzebub - 2013-04-01
Re: F Visa

When we get older and thus add to our life experience, we hopefully get a bit wiser than we were before. You expect these FTs to be "perfect", but they are not, and neither are you or me.

Apart from that, there are things in China like the treatment of FTs that you should stand up against and try to resolve in one or another. To give up means doing a runner in the end, and that - we both would agree, I suppose - should be the last option when all other attempts had been in vain.

You are right but we only get wiser because our earlier lack of wisdom has got us into trouble. I don't expect these FT's to be perfect but I don't think that those FT's should expect the Chinese to be perfect to make up for their youthful inadequacy. There's the rub, we are expecting the Chinese to be perfect, and refuse to forgive anything short of that.

Yes ,I agree with you, a final option, doing a runner; however, some seem to be promoting this option almost as if it is the first path you should choose- a pretty cool thing to do. I believe most moonlight flits are done out of sheer cowadice- but yes there's always the exception.

Return to Index › Re: F Visa

Go to another board -