TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re: (Midnight) Runners
#1 Parent Beelzebub - 2013-04-08
Re: (Midnight) Runners

Some of them are very splendid because they will pay you introduction fees for briging them new foreigners to teach there. You can get the highest fees for white female native english speakers intheir late twnties.

Yes, I Imagine, they would come at a premium. [edited]

Recruiters work very hard for their money; especially when trying to deal with unreliable FT's. They deserve their cut.

#2 Parent toad in the hole - 2013-04-07

Not that there are not many splendid private agent schools around.

Some of them are very splendid because they will pay you introduction fees for briging them new foreigners to teach there. You can get the highest fees for white female native english speakers intheir late twnties.

#3 Parent Beelzebub - 2013-04-07

This is odd, I have worked at two seperate middle schools in China and both have lisences to employ foreign teachers. They all deal direclty with me, I do not deal directly with an agent. Is there something I missed?

Nope, I'd say you sound like you're fully in charge of your life, and not missing a trick; which is what I have been saying all along, it's up to the FT's to choose their schools carefully; and if they don't, hard luck,so don't complain when you come a cropper. Most FT's work for private schools/agents who send you to the middle schools to teach- but none of that for you-Very well done. Not that there are not many splendid private agent schools around.

#4 Parent juanisaac - 2013-04-07

This is odd, I have worked at two seperate middle schools in China and both have lisences to employ foreign teachers. They all deal direclty with me, I do not deal directly with an agent. Is there something I missed?

#5 Parent Beelzebub - 2013-04-05

I see. The trouble is ,Turnoi, is that,90% of FT's who work at Chinese state schools are actually in the employ of agent 'schools(middle schools don't have permission to emply their own FT's;.' ) -the remaining ten percent of those are employed directly by universities. All the rest of us work for 'English Training Centres.' Therefore if you manage to lure FT's away from working for training centres, the only other jobs available to them are with crap 'agent pretend school' All a bit of a vicious circle, don't you think? Only ten% of FT's in China are employed by state schools and the rest of us work for private outfits; even though we may teach in state schools.

Return to Index › Re: (Midnight) Runners

Go to another board -