TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re: What is up with one-sided contracts?
#1 Parent Mancunian Beelzebub - 2013-04-13
Re: What is up with one-sided contracts?

Again: is this irony, sarcasm, or are you serious? Now, in case you are serious, I will say this: there are certain aging people who simply can't accept that they are aging and thus feel a need to follow the common road of youth worship. What about living a life style that does prevent you from getting fat and round and helps you to look "attractive" relative to your age?

The latter is nothing for people lazy in thinking and too lazy to follow certain healthy principles of nourishment. Second, it is not only the nourishment aspect that you need to pay attention to, it is a mental thing as well. I suggest to read Chapter 1 of the Suwen ("Simple Questions"), which is the first volume of the oldest classic on Traditional Chinese Medicine called Huangdi Neijing《黄帝内经》 ("The Yellow Emperor's Classic of Internal Medicine"); it is on life style, and the inseparable unity of body and mind, thus a holistic concept. Its text was inspired by Daoism, but I won't get deeper into this point here to keep the message brief. It all has got something to do with what is called "virtue" (德, dé) in a Daoist sense, and which is, in terms of its concept, the opposite of virtue in a Confucian sense. In the end, it is about cultivating the inner peace in your body and your mind and thus of your very own self.

That was interesting and informative, thank you. If I implied that I sport a gut, then I was joking(I avoid chocolate) Also, I should be clearer-one should be loyal to one student and not copulate with ‘any and all’- now that's out of order- 我很瘦还是我很瘦?

Return to Index › Re: What is up with one-sided contracts?

Go to another board -