Return to Index › Re: Great post on the pedophiles
#1 Parent Beelzebub - 2013-04-25
Re: Great post on the pedophiles

Absolutely, thank you.

#2 Parent foxy - 2013-04-25

Bit course I think.
Coarse is the word, my man!
Thanks for correcting me. As I have made clear I am ill-educated and it sometimes shows.

Well, there're a lot worse than you in terms of their English levels who post on the board. I just thought it was worth pointing out.

#3 Parent Beelzebub - 2013-04-25

Bit course I think.

Thanks for correcting me. As I have made clear I am ill-educated and it sometimes shows.

#4 Parent foxy - 2013-04-25

Bit course I think.

#5 Parent Beelzebub - 2013-04-25

Funny joke, probably true too.
I've taught students of all ages oral class in China. Asking them to answer your questions in class sometimes has smelly consequences - it makes them fart. Boys are more likely to fart than girls, but both genders can produce foul smells when put in the spotlight or on the spot. So, don't get too close to them when you're doing your job. Maintain a safe distance, say at least three metres from each student you ask a question of, especially during oral tests.

Bit course I think.

#6 Parent Beelzebub - 2013-04-25

Teaching "assistants" in China are a joke. This is a useless and superfluous job that should have been abolished long ago.

Food for Turnoi's crocodiles then

I disagree with no buts about it- it is my opinion and the only reasonable opinion possible. There are many classes which need the firm hand of a good TA to control. The FT should remain aloof from arguing the toss with students. In some circumstances the FT can exact control himself.....I will amend that, in fact an FT could nearly always get control, but only if he wants to become unpopular. I gather you didn't get along with your TA's too well, and I hope this wasn't because of bad attitude on your part? if you don't want a TA go to a nice Training Centre.

#7 Parent FT in China - 2013-04-24

One afternoon he happened to fart in class.

Funny joke, probably true too.
I've taught students of all ages oral class in China. Asking them to answer your questions in class sometimes has smelly consequences - it makes them fart. Boys are more likely to fart than girls, but both genders can produce foul smells when put in the spotlight or on the spot. So, don't get too close to them when you're doing your job. Maintain a safe distance, say at least three metres from each student you ask a question of, especially during oral tests.

#8 Parent foxy - 2013-04-24

Teaching "assistants" in China are a joke.

I disagree, but that's just my opinion. Now I'll tell a joke involving a teaching assistant in China:

A poor old foreigner on a low salary was teaching at a public middle school alongside his t/a, also provided by a Chinese agent. The FT had acquired the habit of eating out regularly at a small, dirty restaurant very near his apartment. Of course, the dishes there were cheap.
One afternoon he happened to fart in class. It didn't smell good, so he apologized to his t/a in a whisper, adding that no real harm had been done as his pump had been a silent one, and the students were sitting reasonably distant from the blackboard. But instead of answering, the girl t/a quickly scribbled a note on a piece of scrap paper, and handed it to him. She didn't look pleased, and he ascertained why after reading her note. It advised him to buy a new battery as soon as possible for his hearing-aid!

#9 Parent Beelzebub - 2013-04-23
You'll feel happy and gay with a good TA.

Teaching "assistants" in China are a joke. This is a useless and superfluous job that should have been abolished long ago.

It's a bloody good starter job for a graduate; gives her the chance to build up her English, up close and personal with an FT. She can be a life-saver for an FT like myself with limited Mandarin at his command; she can help him out with all manner of little problems, and not only in the classroom. Now I know they can be spies for your employers; but if you have your head screwed on you can win her round so she's more on your side; however, you both have to be cunning and agree on little complaints she can report back about you, haha; otherwise she will be thought of as disloyal to the powers that be, and they'll get shot of her. Now am i right or am I right? You do have to use your grey matter working and living in China.

#10 Parent MikeK - 2013-04-23

Food for Turnoi's crocodiles then

Return to Index › Re: Great post on the pedophiles

Go to another board -