TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Advice for a new TEFL teacher - ESL discussion
#1 Parent Ash - 2005-07-07
Good luck - ESL discussion

Hillary, its really tough to find a job in one of those places, sinply because its every new ESL teachers "overinflated dream" to go teach in Cancun or another such tropical tourist place. Competition is high, and theres not much more you can do than write a killer resume, send a picture, and hope for the best.

#2 Parent REM - 2005-06-16
u comments- ESL discussion

On another note....seems that the only good comments were bogus...clearly not written by native english speakers...sooo many horror stories...

Hillary, do you actually believe that none native speakers eg. Philipinnes,local... teaching English overseas will make all the bad stories...wake up girl, the cry babies are native English-speakers.
good luck!! REM

Hillary - 2005-06-16
Advice for a new TEFL teacher - ESL discussion

Hello....does anyone have any advice for a new teacher embarking on a career to teach in Mexico? I am hoping to go to a tourist/coastal area such as Mazatlan, Cancun, Perto Vallarta, Acapulco. What should I look for so I can avoid some of the pitfalls I read about on the discussion forum (this is a great idea!).

On another note....seems that the only good comments were bogus...clearly not written by native english speakers...sooo many horror stories...

So...someone help so I can avoid these pitfalls too!

Return to Index › Advice for a new TEFL teacher - ESL discussion

Go to another board -