TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re: On "grumbling"
#1 Parent Dragonized - 2013-05-14
Re: On "grumbling"

Grumbling

During my time working in China, I heard more grumbling from the Chinese than I did from Americans, and that is saying a lot. You couldn't go into a taxi without hearing drivers grumble about the traffic cops, traffic rules, and illegal drivers posing as taxi drivers. You couldn't go into a college classroom without hearing students grumble about the state of Chinese society and why can't it be stronger. You could not step into a Chinese teacher's office without hearing the grumbling of teachers with regards to school policies and politicking amongst colleagues. Chinese wives grumble about how little money their husbands make. Chinese husbands grumble about how whiny their wives are. Chinese parents grumble about the lack of academic performance from their kids. Chinese kids grumble about the abuse they get from teachers and parents for not being perfect in their academic performance. Street Vendors grumble about the City Block Security. Store owners grumble about taxes. It seemed as if the locals there will go out of their way to ruin your mood if they know you are fluent in the Mandarin language. Of course, for those who cannot understand enough mandarin to care they will not catch this type of flack. May explain why some people have trouble understanding why ft's are so stressed out. It's not just the ft's who seemingly "grumble" after all! Nobody likes their personal space constantly invaded by noise, and if it is a serious issue then maybe the local people should do something about it instead of dumping on some guy who is innocent from all this crap.

Return to Index › Re: On "grumbling"

Go to another board -