TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Anyone at JUC Female Branch?
#1 Parent Beelzebub - 2013-05-24
Re: Anyone at JUC Female Branch?

Took a bit of time but I found her...

The poor love- let's hope she is happy in life.

#2 Parent MikeK - 2013-05-24

Took a bit of time but I found her...

#3 Parent Beelzebub - 2013-05-23

The Chinese interviewer who wouldn't switch on her cam was probably having a "bad hair day"........

Hahaha, could be right, didn't think of that one.

#4 Parent MikeK - 2013-05-23

The Chinese interviewer who wouldn't switch on her cam was probably having a "bad hair day"........

#5 Parent Beelzebub - 2013-05-23

I hope you are lucky in the very near future and you enjoy working for a University and not a Training Scam School...

Yuncheng ielts School is one of the more FT-friendly private schools, and if she and her hubby are newbies to China she could do worse.

#6 Parent MikeK - 2013-05-23

Sounds like a pretty unpleasant interview and most probably shows how they would treat you afterwards..

Put this one down to experience and move on..

I hope you are lucky in the very near future and you enjoy working for a University and not a Training Scam School...

#7 Parent Beelzebub - 2013-05-22

You definitely shouldn't even toy with possibly working for them after that demeaning interview. It sounds like they were trying to test your temper to ascertain whether or not they can treat you like rubbish when you get there. No, be warned, don't let your China experience be a bad one, otherwise you'll end up back on the forum grumbling about China. Lots of other jobs out there. Good luck to you.

Kathiri - 2013-05-22
Anyone at JUC Female Branch?

Hi All,

I just had an interview with JUC female branch and it was AWFUL! I wanted to ask if anyone else had such an experience with them - or maybe I'm just imagining it? The problems I had were as follows:

1. They did a Skype interview and made me turn on my video but wouldn't show themselves.

2. They apparently hadn't read my resume because they asked me about my experience from many years ago, as opposed to my most recent experience which was more relevant.

3. They didn't tell me anything about the program or college or who I would be teaching.

4. They didn't ask me if I had any questions or seem to invite questions.

5. The questions asked seemed more to try to "stump" me - asking vague questions and then getting impatient when I asked for more details and seeming already to be annoyed despite knowing me for less than 10 minutes.

6. The head interviewer was very cold and condescending - and gave out bad vibes - can't describe it any other way.

Having worked with Eastern females before, I'm used to catty & high school-ish behavior (cold cliquish females I mean), but I felt like they were sort of at the extreme end. To be fair, one of the women seemed nice (from what I could hear!) and so I don't know if it was just the luck of the draw for me.

That said, I wanted to ask how females workng at JUC feel about it. I'm totally turned off, but I'm not really sure where I'll end up because I"m going wherever hubby goes. He says it's DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT, but I still want to get more info.

Thanks!
KM

Return to Index › Anyone at JUC Female Branch?

Go to another board -