TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re: What is/isn't acceptable in a EFL job?
#1 Parent Beelzebub - 2013-05-29
Re: What is/isn't acceptable in a EFL job?

Well firstly the girls who only want to be taken to flashy gaudy places are to be avoided. Girls in those bars and ktvs are no good. Girls to be met on campus can be good, but not those girls who drink and smoke, the devils own work they can be.

When meeting nice studentess, pay for her noodles and soft drink, let her use your shower in your room if she wants to, normally chinese studentess dorms have 8 girls fighting for the bathroom with limited hot water, she will repay you in kind for that, may even let you get soapy and wet with her under the lukewarm shower water, you lucky dog you and isn't that nice? Cook for her, anything different, exotic, that she will not usually eat in China, does not need be expensive, food can be purchased cheaply via taobao or locally. Show a nice movie in your ft provided flat, let her use your internet as her dorm net access may not be reliable. Be a gentleman and reap the results, and avoid the bad gold digging girls who like gaudy wealth. Where turnoi has gone wrong in 10 years and not even had a girlfriend, I really cannot fathom, many older blokes in Chengdu with neither a hare to eat, nay pot to piss in, and they get girlfriends or wives.?!?!

Intuitive, witty, observant, wise, from beginning to end Collyhurst. Some others on the site will be wise to print out your advice and adjust their approaches accordingly. Thank you so much.

#2 Parent Collyhurst retired sewage worker - 2013-05-28

Well firstly the girls who only want to be taken to flashy gaudy places are to be avoided. Girls in those bars and ktvs are no good. Girls to be met on campus can be good, but not those girls who drink and smoke, the devils own work they can be.

When meeting nice studentess, pay for her noodles and soft drink, let her use your shower in your room if she wants to, normally chinese studentess dorms have 8 girls fighting for the bathroom with limited hot water, she will repay you in kind for that, may even let you get soapy and wet with her under the lukewarm shower water, you lucky dog you and isn't that nice? Cook for her, anything different, exotic, that she will not usually eat in China, does not need be expensive, food can be purchased cheaply via taobao or locally. Show a nice movie in your ft provided flat, let her use your internet as her dorm net access may not be reliable. Be a gentleman and reap the results, and avoid the bad gold digging girls who like gaudy wealth. Where turnoi has gone wrong in 10 years and not even had a girlfriend, I really cannot fathom, many older blokes in Chengdu with neither a hare to eat, nay pot to piss in, and they get girlfriends or wives.?!?!

#3 Parent Beelzebub - 2013-05-28

Now maybe it was my many years spent in the darkness beneath manchester, but you learn to ride things out. You need to get yourself galvanized and find yourself a nice lass Turnoi, no point being all bitter and single, a wife can make your whole self happy, can she not? Chinese girls will cook for you as well as give you a language partner as well, which is nice. Look at me, I am no oil painting mate, your pal collyhurst:D

Start by saying what a fine figure of a man you be Collyhurst Sewer Worker-and every inch an FT. You also (by them eyes) look like you know a bit about women- so, we have a few posters on this site who have had trouble holding the interest of Chinese lasses(unless with a wad of yuan)- do you have any words of guidance for where and how they may be going wrong? I myself have found Chinesesses very nice and honest, making very loyal wives and girlfriends. Your help may be much appreciated by less talented with women men.

#4 Parent Collyhurst retired sewage worker - 2013-05-28

Things are going to change in China, and these changes are actually under way already as far as tertiary institutions of learning are concerned. Key unis in China administered directly by the Ministry of Education by the central Beijing government are leading in this process of change, with more and more provincial second and third-tier schools in the tertiary educational sector to follow - primary reasons being public acceptance and reputation as well as access to more public funds. Since the central government in Beijing started a campaign to attract and hire foreign experts with advanced degrees in their respective area of expertise, the days will be probably gone when unis/colleges were used to hiring foreigners with qualificational profiles lower than that. For example, the practical result could be that for Oral English teaching a Master Degree may be required in the future instead of a Bachelor or no degree in a relevant subject area at all.

Dear Dr.T,

Not meaning to sow discord, nor disagree with you too much, but when foreigners with even a genuine BA in English language (linguistics?) or literature are not so many in China, can you really some them going the Taiwan route and insisting on a MASTERS DEGREE for teaching oral english. I reckon they will tighten regulations (I assume you are referring to the upcoming July 1st changes?):

http://thebjreviewer.com/blog/2013/3/26/chinas-new-immigration-law-to-take-effect-july-1-2013

http://totallyexpat.com/global-immigration-news/china-government-issues-draft-rules-implement-immigration-law-solicits-public-feedback/

As yet there is much speculation as to what defines a "Foreign Expert" and whether a BA from a foreign university in any field will be enough. In all fairness, most of us just couldn't waltz into australia and get paid for opening our mouths, so it is only fair imho that they are tightening up. They will still need teachers and as long as you have your degree, not much to worry about I reckon, a storm in a teacup.....

Now maybe it was my many years spent in the darkness beneath manchester, but you learn to ride things out. You need to get yourself galvanized and find yourself a nice lass Turnoi, no point being all bitter and single, a wife can make your whole self happy, can she not? Chinese girls will cook for you as well as give you a language partner as well, which is nice. Look at me, I am no oil painting mate, your pal collyhurst:D

Return to Index › Re: What is/isn't acceptable in a EFL job?

Go to another board -