TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › textbooks? - ESL discussion
#1 Parent RhenoKorean - 2005-07-17
Don't worry about the textbooks as much as... - ESL discussion

I'd not worry about the textbooks or anything regarding the classroom. Right now it's much more important for you to avoid the liars, thieves, and cheats who call themeselves directors/principals. Make damn sure you understand your contract fully first and foremost.You can worry about textbooks later.

#2 Parent AMonk - 2005-07-17
Suggestion - ESL discussion

Hello Nick

I think that you might do well to check out both the ESL Lessons and the Teaching Strategies sections of this site. They have some wonderful, practical and do-able ideas.

Good luck

#3 Parent RhenoKorean - 2005-07-17
Don't worry about the textbooks as much as... - ESL discussion

I'd not worry about the textbooks or anything regarding the classroom. Right now it's much more important for you to avoid the liars, thieves, and cheats who call themeselves directors/principals. Make damn sure you understand your contract fully first and foremost.You can worry about textbooks later.

nick - 2005-07-16
textbooks? - ESL discussion

greetings!

i have accepted a teaching position with jiaxing uni.

i would like to hear from the experienced readers their thoughts on what it will be like there for me. i am contracted to teach oral eng. & listening skills.

will there be a set curriculum, textbooks, materials, worksheets, etc. ?

i am looking at a few textbooks on amazon and would like to use them, is that a good idea?

I have ZERO teaching experience. I pointed this out over & over to the uni, and they still say 'no problem'! what gives?

gracias

Return to Index › textbooks? - ESL discussion

Go to another board -