TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re: My news
#1 Parent Beelzebub - 2013-06-30
Re: My news

Thank you for your comments. I don't really want to enter a long correspondence about this with you or others and, as you can appreciate, I also want to keep my privacy. Considering the abuse I got from the likes of Clyde and London Girl for honestly trying to address the questions they posed, I do not want to give any ammunition to those who may have old scores to settle. There was one post from Clyde that was libellous and it was removed from the Forum. I wrote to Admin expressing my concern that this post had originally been published. I guess the two detractors singled me out of the "seedy six" because they perhaps thought I was less strident and easier 'game' than the others. It was a valuable lesson and at the same time another poster had written that he had learnt 'restraint' from me.

Hope it wasn't a valuable lesson into withdrawing head into shell, hahaha. To be serious, CL, I'm constantly trying to get my head around how posters can feel hurt out of remarks made about or to them on an ESL forum, as long as they are not actually named; although, that wouldn't be a disaster for me personally because of my circumstances- and the fact that it would be something I would be able to laugh off. I did actually correspond with a poster a long way back, a poster from the other camp. As a result of that, I have/did started holding back from the jugular a tad, having realised that some of us actually, even worry about what another poster has said when they are nowhere near the keyboard-in bed maybe-and can actually make themselves feel ill by something said they just should not take personally. I suppose a good moderator has to judge what a particular poster can take and edit accordingly- for example, I'm unlikely to to feel indignant about anything; so, maybe no need to edit replies to me so much. I don't know, this is just conjecture based on trying to imagine myself doing a mods job.

I wrote you a post about photography tuther day- I must have forgotten to click 'submit' as I hardly thing it would have been edited off. Are you a puritan- do you believe that film is superior to digital?

Return to Index › Re: My news

Go to another board -