TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re: My news
#1 Parent Beelzebub - 2013-07-01
Re: My news

Exactly. One thing we can agree on.

Thanks for any compliments-ones with buts- ones with reservations- back -handed compliments...........or is it front-handed? i have already realised today that one should say 'circular logic' when silly old me has been saying reverse logic all these years hahaha- no, keep them compliments rolling in San Mig.

#2 Parent San Migs - 2013-06-30

As far as CL is concerned it wouldn't be any skin off of his nose to point San Mig in the right direction because he(CL) is or has retied from said cushy number??

Exactly. One thing we can agree on. There are far too many circles and too much "cliqueness" in the TEFL scene amongst expat FT's in China these days. Hard to seperate the wheat from the chaff, so to speak.

#3 Parent silverheels - 2013-06-30

I myself have put other FT's in the know- GO TO YUNCHENG IELTS-IT'S A GREAT PRIVATE SCHOOL!

Good advice, but let's make it clear that that employer is a private employer who supplies mainly local public senior high schools with expats to teach basic oral English. So, if you work for IELTS School of Yuncheng, you'll most likely be teaching non-IELTS English in the public sector aided by a teaching assistant allocated to you by the private employer.
BTW, I think it's generally advisable to teach at a public school when in China, even if said school is out in the boondocks.

#4 Parent Beelzebub - 2013-06-30

If CL has a nice, what I call "cushy" job, he would be quite foolish to tell others the location IMO. He is right, prominent FT's in China ( I suspect he is one ) need to protect their privacy. I know the location of two good universities in China, but I won't ever tell anyone, as I might want to work there again one day.

Also, there are many haters in ESL as we know. I know for a fact I am hated by many people in ESL. Many know my real name, many don't. If someone knew where I was working ( I am not working at a university in China right now ) they could get hold of my personal details, eg phone number, address, find out which bars and restauraunts and coffee shops I hang out in, ( students usually know ) etc, and send me abusive phone calls at 2pm in the morning, also harass me in the street.

We need to be careful: Other FT's can be very vindictive and nasty. Some even threaten to kill each other, some HAVE almost killed each other in the past.

Bloody Hell, Silverboy, what are you doing, I have never had one untoward phone call in China or one threat from a student?

As far as CL is concerned it wouldn't be any skin off of his nose to point San Mig in the right direction because he(CL) is or has retied from said cushy number??

I myself have put other FT's in the know- GO TO YUNCHENG IELTS-IT'S A GREAT PRIVATE SCHOOL!

Return to Index › Re: My news

Go to another board -