TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › I'm trying to evaluate this Chinese recruiter!
#1 Parent MikeK - 2013-07-03
Re: I'm trying to evaluate this Chinese recruiter!

The thing is that these so-called scammers can be quite nasty and vindictive, they oft-times go and land you big juicy jobs hahaha. We should all stop acting precious and all hurt like, and remember that by virtue of the fact that you have your profile on a site or three, people will send you e-mail about jobs. Now I have checked with some mates who work in the Exeter Mortuary-the crematorium and in my North Devon Funeral Parlour. I am bound to say that none of them have reported back that their in-boxes were swamped with job offers in China, scams or otherwise. Now why is that?? Let me tell you (and you will gasp in surprise) because they do not have their profiles up 'soliciting' the so-called 'unsolicited.' Am I right or am I right?

**Gasp** Of course you are right, that has to be where such scammers recruiters get email addresses.

Bit of shame for the unwary and naive really.

#2 Parent Beelzebub - 2013-07-03

The words unsolicited e-mail should be more than enough to make you worry about being scammed.

The thing is that these so-called scammers can be quite nasty and vindictive, they oft-times go and land you big juicy jobs hahaha. We should all stop acting precious and all hurt like, and remember that by virtue of the fact that you have your profile on a site or three, people will send you e-mail about jobs. Now I have checked with some mates who work in the Exeter Mortuary-the crematorium and in my North Devon Funeral Parlour. I am bound to say that none of them have reported back that their in-boxes were swamped with job offers in China, scams or otherwise. Now why is that?? Let me tell you (and you will gasp in surprise) because they do not have their profiles up 'soliciting' the so-called 'unsolicited.' Am I right or am I right?

#3 Parent Dragonized - 2013-07-03

but this thread looks like becoming one big advertising stunt with a few people recommending using an unknown recruiter who send out unsolicited emails.

Observation on the money.

#4 Parent MikeK - 2013-07-03

The words unsolicited e-mail should be more than enough to make you worry about being scammed.

Why don't you name the recruiter? Are you scared he/she might suddenly become aware that we all know that he/she is sending out "unsolicited email" and then he/she takes his/her revenge by sending you to a crappy training school?

Best advice is to delete it and then take the time read the post in the "resources" above this forum before you go and make a mistake.

But then again as you don't name the "spammer" (call me cynical) but this thread looks like becoming one big advertising stunt with a few people recommending using an unknown recruiter who send out unsolicited emails.

#5 Parent Bang - 2013-07-03

He has helped me get jobs before, in saying that they were all crappy trainning school jobs.
However he will help and try get you good ones.

Just remember a recruiter is a recruiter.

Godfrey - 2013-07-03
I'm trying to evaluate this Chinese recruiter!

Hello, How are you for these past days? I don't know if you still need a new teaching job in Sep/2013 in China?
I have some professional teaching jobs for you, If you can tell me your job requirements, I will be happy to send the kind of jobs to you.
Of course, If you don't need a new job, Please also tell me, I will not bother you this year, I will contact you next year in Feb/2014, Okay?
Many thanks if I can get your kind response!

I won't divulge the name nor the contact details of this Chinese recruiter. I'm not in a position to evaluate his services at this time. However, I will say that my first impressions based upon his unsolicited e-mail are good because it is extremely polite. Even so, that doesn't preclude him from being a wolf in sheep's clothing. I will know if that's the case in due course!

Return to Index › I'm trying to evaluate this Chinese recruiter!

Go to another board -