TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Student Punishment
#1 Parent Melvin - 2013-07-06
Chinese teacher gets sack after sharing pic of herself lifting pupil into the air by ears

Parents in China's Zhejiang province complained to the local education department after the cruel image was posted on social networking site Weibo.

The picture shows 20-year-old Yan Yanhong smiling as she hauls the screaming youngster several inches off the ground at the school in the city of Wenling.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4609186/Chinese-teacher-gets-sack-after-sharing-pic-of-herself-lifting-pupil-into-the-air-by-ears.html#ixzz2YES09q9E

#2 Parent The Rector - 2013-07-06
Re: Teacher lifts Kindergarten boy by ears

A terrible woman, and the obsession with mobile phones is also a clear sign of people who cannot communicate face to face well.

#3 Parent Beelzebub - 2013-07-05
Re: Student Punishment

It's gruesome, but really common in East Asia (not just China). My roommate (from the Philippines) used to talk about how her mother made her kneel on rice.

Honestly, I find that the Chinese tend to go one way or the other when it comes to kids. Either they are tiger parents who cow their children into total, dysfunctional submission until they are quivering balls of perfection in the classroom, or they raise their kids to be hyper indulged brats who are told that they are the glowing white center of the universe that everyone-not just the family, mind you-should naturally orbit around. There is an in between...but so few parents go for it.

Seems to me that all grumbling against China FT's would fit well into the British Empire attitude of we know best and the natives should do as we ask. Only difference is, is that the British invariably did know best, and grumbling FT's are just grumbling FT's.

#4 Parent Beelzebub - 2013-07-05
Re: Teacher lifts Kindergarten boy by ears

Child cruelty ... Chinese teacher Yan Yanhong lifts a pupil off the ground by his ears and post video on social media as it was a fun thing to do.

Looks fun to me- anyway, the child may be an absolute little shit. Sounds to me though, you are twisting events- there was no lifting involved in the still you showed.

#5 Parent Irish Eyes - 2013-07-05
Re: Student Punishment

It's gruesome, but really common in East Asia (not just China). My roommate (from the Philippines) used to talk about how her mother made her kneel on rice.

Honestly, I find that the Chinese tend to go one way or the other when it comes to kids. Either they are tiger parents who cow their children into total, dysfunctional submission until they are quivering balls of perfection in the classroom, or they raise their kids to be hyper indulged brats who are told that they are the glowing white center of the universe that everyone-not just the family, mind you-should naturally orbit around. There is an in between...but so few parents go for it.

#6 Parent Melvin - 2013-07-05
Teacher lifts Kindergarten boy by ears

Child cruelty ... Chinese teacher Yan Yanhong lifts a pupil off the ground by his ears and post video on social media as it was a fun thing to do.

Melvin - 2013-07-05
Student Punishment

The person was being punished by their teacher and told to kneel down in the frozen rocks (or peas). This kind of punishment has been around for years, to get students to behave and pay attention. Please do share your thoughts.

Return to Index › Student Punishment

Go to another board -